Petrol? V-Power or not?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JMR":24tvsuy3 said:
BlackTwingo-i":24tvsuy3 said:
Then you slammed in into 2nd to achieve 10mpg at points yeah? :D

I think next weeks mission is to see the worst economy I can get.
That should be fun. :lol:

I managed 15 miles from one bar on the way back from work last night, dual carriageway all the way from my new work, spirited driving with another car... All done within the limits of the law of course.

I got 70 miles off the top bar the other day.
And just the same driving on the same roads only managed 35 on the next bar. Bizarre.

I'm running Tesco Momentum 99 now.
Not a really noticeable difference surprisingly.

Whilst the power isnt wildly different compared to 95 ron, V-Power tends to pick up easier, the throttle response seems a bit more keen.

Yeah, the step around 2.5k is much larger in mine on VPower. There's just a bit more "go" between there and the next noticeable step at 3.5k.

I still only get 260 out of a tank though :S

Mines just rolled over to half a tank on the lcd gauge.

Done 220miles so far.
Bet I cant keep it up.

Filled her up with 98 and left to the UK. Managed over 300 km before getting halfway around the fueltank with a steady speed of 110 km/h with cruise control.

Could probaly get more if the trunk of my Wind wasn't completely filled up with luggage.

I definatly see a difference in mileage when using 95 or 98.

I've run a few tanks of premium fuel now and not sure if it's a placebo effect, but the engine does seem a little smoother. Not noticed any real difference in performance or economy but the lumpy idling when cold does seem to have abated a little.

41.2mpg this week.
Took it steady first half of tank, last couple of days been driven "properly".

Filled up again with Momentum.
Dont like it as much as Vpower, engine note seems a little more muted, could be the weather though.