Petrol? V-Power or not?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BlackTwingo-i":35metlhi said:
Told you it adds 5bhp ;)

:D

Wonder how much we would actually get on our cars though.
Proportionatly, maybe a conservative 2 or 3 bhp.

I wanted that test to be soooo much better.

BlackTwingo-i":3fwv62qj said:
Well at the charity event, we shall see what the 1.2na comes out with on v-power!!!

We'll compare V-power vs standard 95 on the 1.2 16v 75bhp then :p

I think if your car isn't Mapped to run 98 it doesn't make any difference but if it is it does ... Obviously stuff like the Clio up are ment to run on 98 but nothing to say on the twingo rs

Filled up last night and only momentum available. And I'm convinced it's a placebo :lol: but deffo feels nicer to drive. Given the pepsi challenge though I bet no one would notice...

Even though what I've just said I've always used 98 coz I feel it drives nicer and I get slight better economy

I've just used a tank full of Sainsburys Super and average 44mpg over 340 miles before filling up.
Didnt dip into the red on the fuel gauge either..
Running V Power now for a tank.

Bp or v power for me.... Bike only uses v power or has problems. Thats a 636cc engine.

V power at moment indicating 46.3mpg average on this tank. :eek:
As of today, I've covered 225 miles and I have half the bars still remaining.

After a 50 mile drive today i was seeing 50.2mpg :cool:

BlackTwingo-i":s5fi6jjk said:
So improvement? Or just driving better :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bit of both I think matey. :D
Having the MPG shown all the time right in front of you makes you try a bit harder to get more, hence gentler with the right foot.

Ive been stuck behind traffic trundling along at 50mph though so that helped (and it was too dangerous / busy to overtake)

BlackTwingo-i":3hhlbop3 said:
Then you slammed in into 2nd to achieve 10mpg at points yeah? :D

I think next weeks mission is to see the worst economy I can get.
That should be fun. :lol:

sitting stationary with the engine running will be the worst mpg, as your using fuel but not doing any miles

30 in first might not be as bad as you inagine!

The biggest killers are acceleration and aerodynamic drag. Being at a steady 30, your not accelerating and the aerodynamic drag would be about 1/4 that you would have at 60. The engine may not be happy at those revs, but i bet the economy could be worse.

Running mine on V-Power now constantly, feels 'lumpy' if it doesn't :L and i'm getting more miles from a tank :)