Phew!! It's cleaned!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Well after 4 whole weeks of no cleaning, I've finally washed the missus Twingo! It's not even been an average month of use as it's been to Bristol and back, then all the nasty snow and ice so I'm well pleased it's all sorted.

Started off looking like this -

Filth1-1.jpg

Filth3.jpg

Filth2-1.jpg

As you will see proper filth! :shock: So first up I rinsed the car down with water, then went onto the PH Neutral Snow Foam -

Foam1.jpg

Foam2.jpg

I then rinsed the foam off using the pressure washer, which as you'll see lifts quite a lot of the grime off the car.

AfterFoam1.jpg

Then time to give the underbody and wheel arches a blast with a 90 degree Karcher lance. It's plenty long enough to go right under the car and right round the tyres to clean the suspension.

Lance1-1.jpg

I then sprayed the wheels with Meguiars wheel cleaner and left to dwell whilst I washed the top half of the car with Chemical Guys Maxi Suds and a Dodo Juice Yeti's Fist wash mitt. I then rinsed the top of the car and the wheels. Cleaned the rest of the car with the above, then used one Meguiars wash mitt to clean the door shuts and the painted bits round the wheel arch, then another Meguiars wash mitt on the wheels.

I then gave it a high pressure rinse and dried using two fluffy drying towels from Cleanyourcar.co.uk -

Drying1.jpg

The wheels were dried with a Meguiars Water Magnet. I then went over the entire car (including wheels) with Dodo Juice Red Mist to top up the protection. I also cleaned the windows with Rain-X glass cleaner and went over the black plastics with Autoglym Rubber & Vinyl treatment.

It now looks like this -

clean1.jpg

Clean2.jpg

Clean3.jpg

Clean4.jpg

Clean5.jpg

Interior wise it's all pretty tidy, I know these mats look a bit pants.......

Mat1.jpg

But this is how the footwell looks after at least two weeks driving. Well worth it in my opinion.

Mat2.jpg

Those plastic ones are about £15 from Halfords, they've actually got a lip round them so they retain any dirt, water etc.

Bearing in mind my missus makes no effort not to walk in all the crap on the roads/pavement/car park and yet the footwells never get dirty. I make sure these mats go in all my cars.

I got it from E-bay mate! :)

Have to say in this weather it's ideal in getting all the salt out of the hard to reach places haha.

Thing is the amount of sh!t that gets pushed out from under the arches yet 99% of cars never have that area of the car cleaned.

just want to say guys....whenever i see a freshly cleaned/valeted/detailed renault twingo sport/gordini, dont you think its one of the (if not THE ) nicest looking little sporty cars available???

Have to say when my car is filthy i fall out of love once it shinny again im back in love

I prefer photos 1, 2 and 3. :lol:

Great work bud, wish I had the patience for it.

Gordini_133":33qji9yb said:
just want to say guys....whenever i see a freshly cleaned/valeted/detailed renault twingo sport/gordini, dont you think its one of the (if not THE ) nicest looking little sporty cars available???

I must admit, when the car is looking shiny and clean I do love the way it looks. I know all my cars get waxed and protected but it genuinely bothers me when they are as dirty as that one gets. When it's all done, I'm well pleased to see back and relax knowing it's looking spotless.

Al":33qji9yb said:
I prefer photos 1, 2 and 3. :lol:

Great work bud, wish I had the patience for it.

Those first pictures make baby Jesus cry! :lol: :lol:

It's totally each to their own, plenty of people think I'm mental because I'm as happy cleaning my car as driving it. Mate of mine at work is well into motors but is more a grease monkey than OCD freak! Thinks I'm mental but appreciates how clean they are. I'm the same with him, would love to see his cars spotless but he'd rather drive them hard! :cool:

too right mate, you pay for the car, keep it clean! and theres nothing better than driving about in shiny brand new looking car, says alot about a person! if you keep your car looking spanking, says alot about the person you are! :)