polished rocker cover / inlet manifold

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mostin

Reaction score
has anyone polished their inlet manifold or/and rocker cover?

I polished the rocker on my 106 gti and was a bas*ard of a job to be honest. Looked awesome once done though. Was wandering if anyone has done it / photshopped it?

Cheers

I use to so it would stay shinny then gave up and just spray it with brake cleaner to clean it up :)

no i mean polish the metal away so it goes like a mirror finish. Use abrasive pads/paper and be persistent haha

Oright i get you simple answer NO !!! :lol:

We had a clio in the other day that had it done and looked shocking

Did it really? I might do it. I want to polish the inlet mani and colour code some of the other parts fo the engine bay.

Attachments

• IMG_9978.jpg
    IMG_9978.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 259
that looks smart the one i saw looks like he tryed himself ans did a shocking job

I quite like polished manifolds but it depends on the rest of the bay... whether anything else is chrome/modified to match it or if everything else is standard.

I wouldn't ever try it myself... Sanding back my 172 inlet manifold for spraying took long enough! I'd just send it off to get done :)

Edit - Above was posted as I was typing this. See what I mean? Can look good if it's all c-coded!

Na was one in my work the other day shocking it was loads of faults on it aswell