Poor cold start idle/kangarooing?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dxerik

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2 issues one with this poor cold start idle/kangarooing and one with failed emission test (the mechanic told me that the engine throws petrol on the exhaust, so I'm thinking that the car is working on a too rich fuel ratio?
Both o2 lambda sensors are ok, I can attach a file from my OBD log if someone wants to see values.
There are many topics about this and nobody comes with a solution.

Hi,
I have 2 issues one with this poor cold start idle/kangarooing and one with failed emission test (the mechanic told me that the engine throws petrol on the exhaust, so I'm thinking that the car is working on a too rich fuel ratio?
Both o2 lambda sensors are ok, I can attach a file from my OBD log if someone wants to see values.
There are many topics about this and nobody comes with a solution.
I'm probably talking bollocks here but check that airflow is not obstructed (filter etc). I would also check the throttle body and butterfly. If it's struggling to breathe the ecu will try and chuck more fuel in to compensate. Check fuel pressure and ensure its not intermittent.