Poor Twingos!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Well yesterday the snow came and knackered everything! lol Well certainly my commute home which took me 6 bloody hours!! :twisted:

Aaaanyway, thankfully the missus, who normally drives to work chose to leave her car parked up and we both took a bus instead. Wise move as we've got about 12" of snow here now and the two Twingos are safely parked up.

Looking a bit chilly though -

3.jpg

Thankfully the Gordini has it's coat on haha.

1.jpg

Pretty mad when you consider that the fence at the back of this picture is 4ft tall and you can see where the snow stopped!!

2.jpg

It's weird that the snows seems pretty localised. As in it's hit Surrey pretty bad yet areas not too far away are ok!

As for the journey home, it was ridiculous. Hundred of people stood at London Bridge waiting for trains to leave. Stood on one train for 2 1/2 hours waiting for it to go, to then be told it was out of service.

Eventually I got to my usual stop but obviously couldn't drive so had to make the last 4 miles on foot.

wasnt london bridge station where that train got stuck and people had to wait 6 hours on the train?

I hope the weather clears up for friday i`m ment ot be getting the train to london :-(

toni_133":3bxlx8wl said:
wasnt london bridge station where that train got stuck and people had to wait 6 hours on the train?

Yeah some people were waiting far longer than I was. My boss let me head off at 4.30pm and I wasn't home until 10.30pm! Biggest joke of it though, was how they simply cancelled trains as they decided, meaning some people were virtually stranded.

Absolute farce to as far as the trains go, one of the trains on the platform had it's brakes frozed so couldn't be moved.

Matt":3bxlx8wl said:
Hope the Megane is tucked away in a garage!?

Of course mate haha, in fact it's been tucked up in the garage most of the year. Fortunately I've never had to use the car over winter and it certainly won't be now. :lol:

Well the snow is still getting deeper! I may not be able to see my Gordini by tomorrow morning haha

22.jpg

23.jpg

One fast vanishing 17" Cup alloy.

20.jpg

It looks like it has a hat on hehe, if i was you i would try and move some of the snow, when my dad was working for ford he heard that a load of snow can cause breaking/cracking of the windscreens ( not sure how true it is thou) :)

Yeah I may make an attempt to get it off the car at some point.

I would imagine what may cause it to crack is a sudden change in temp so if I suddenly got all the snow on and got the heat up on the blowers it wouldn't do any favours. lol

quick question bit off topic but your megane do you take the wheels off when your storing it for so long ? as im still deciding if to take mine off ma twingo to stop it gettin flat spots as its in the garage 4-6 months of the year.

No the Megane stays on it's wheels over the winter. I've looked into various aspects of storing a car and from what I've read it's better on the suspension to leave it sat on the wheels.

What I have done though, is to lay down foam flooring which I've doubled up under the wheels. It's partly about keeping tyres away from the cold so a layer inbetween will minimise flat spots. It's also recommended to over inflate the tyres as well. To be honest I never have but I've never had a problem and the car is on it's original tyres.

The main things I check over are that the car is clean, dried and protected. When I say clean I make sure it's every single aspect of the car, protect the shuts, rubber, plastics etc. Get yourself a decent cover and brim the tank, should be fine.

How come you'll be taking her off the road mate?