Post your engine/exhaust sound

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Old man... Honest :)
Should hearing him squeaking out breaking points

singlespeed":3irl5510 said:
^^^ guessing that's my video (being at work, i can't watch it)
That's the manifold back Supersprint system. Downpipe/centre section/back box. Also, a BMC CDA filter which accounts for the noise on the return run.

Its definitely easy to live with and, if you like the oval tail pipe, its ideal :)

Cheers chaps. Is that minus cat or with the sports cat Neil? The oval tail pipe is the only part I'm not sold on. Any pics of it on the car?

AS_BO":h66xwyld said:
singlespeed":h66xwyld said:
That's the manifold back Supersprint system. Downpipe/centre section/back box. Also, a BMC CDA filter which accounts for the noise on the return run.

Its definitely easy to live with and, if you like the oval tail pipe, its ideal :)

Cheers chaps. Is that minus cat or with the sports cat Neil? The oval tail pipe is the only part I'm not sold on. Any pics of it on the car?
That's manifold back, so still with the original manifold/cat.

In fact, I notice you have a Silverstone edition, so your backbox sounds cool anyway added onto the standard system... Just replace the centre section (and possibly front downpipe) to remove the smaller silensor(s) if you want. The Supersprint items would be the same diameter, although you would end up louder than mine if you did both sections as the SS backbox is huge compared to yours.

singlespeed":1v85ogl6 said:

yeah it's your one. sounds really good..

Kam Racing":mu6xq3ol said:
singlespeed":mu6xq3ol said:

I imagine it will be a bit different now, with the full Ktec engine back exhaust, cams and throttle bodies :?

singlespeed":1qs7fh9e said:
Kam Racing":1qs7fh9e said:
singlespeed":1qs7fh9e said:

I imagine it will be a bit different now, with the full Ktec engine back exhaust, cams and throttle bodies :?

I'm looking forward to hearing mine with a full turbo back exhaust system ;)

Anyone got a video of the ktec engine back system with sports cat?

Also from now on if your going to post videos please state what filter and exhaust system your car has please.

Friedchicken91":2wy85p89 said:

Also from now on if your going to post videos please state what filter and exhaust system your car has please.
Mine is the engine back with sports cat.
There's two vids, one with the Super sprint and then K-tec. Sometime about Nov 2012 in my thread

singlespeed":7wq0jf3o said:
Friedchicken91":7wq0jf3o said:

There's two vids, one with the Super sprint and then K-tec. Sometime about Nov 2012 in my thread
Cheers, wasn't sure if you had the sports cat or not. Does it pass mot's ok?

Friedchicken91":1ymuip3m said:
singlespeed":1ymuip3m said:
Friedchicken91":1ymuip3m said:

Cheers, wasn't sure if you had the sports cat or not. Does it pass mot's ok?
This page was the exhaust swap.
projects-progress-threads/renaultsport-gordini-159-t1816-131.html

I put it through an emissions test the other week and it just scrapped through, followed the next day by it sneaking a pass for its MOT.

Bear in mind, my map is hardly a standard map and it idles at 1100rpm.

Walking cash machine while the centre silencer is being chopped out. Maybe get the downpipe silencer chopped if it still sounds pants

Yes I will be going back for the other silencer to be cut out and the tip changed on the back box. They fitted me in when I turned up so he didn't have the time to do everything today. I don't mind as the garage is one road away from mine :cool:

Callum-stirling":34q4o18k said:
fuel":34q4o18k said:
Callum-stirling":34q4o18k said:
blaked93":34q4o18k said:
where can you buy the "R1/R2" exhaust system ?

Monster sport Europe

This R1/R2 exhaust, is it rally group N spec?

I'm not sure tbh mate I don't know a great deal about the rally cars themselves I could certainly find out for you though

Is the R1 and R2 exhaust the bastuck one which is on the monster sport webiste?

don't think so mate. i'm fairly sure that renault developed the exhaust themselves, exhausts aren't usually in renault sports repotoire to outsource something like that although i could be wrong. you could easily get the same sort of sound for about 10x less than the R2 system, after all it's just shaped metal ;)

oscar":38jfyrsx said:
don't think so mate. i'm fairly sure that renault developed the exhaust themselves, exhausts aren't usually in renault sports repotoire to outsource something like that although i could be wrong. you could easily get the same sort of sound for about 10x less than the R2 system, after all it's just shaped metal ;)

Right kl Davie boy! I just want one soo much the sound off it is immense cant seem to buy them anywhere tho

well it's a different manifold i'm sure, so you could never strictly match that sound without paying big bucks but you could get something close to that sound

https://www.stainlessexhausts.com/ i used these guys on my scoob many moons ago, fantastic pricing and you can literally take pictures of the R2 exhaust in for about £250 fitted (price mighta went up a small bit, was two / three years ago) and let him hear what it sounds like and do your best little brittain accent ''i wuntt tht wun ...'' :D drop it off in the morning ; taxi to work cause it's just along the road from you! drive home with your new exhaust, i'll see if i can hear you from my gaff haha. aye i know man, it sounds meaty :D

https://www.simonscustomexhausts.co.uk/