Power steering, lose it or attempt to keep it!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prabmire

Reaction score
Right gathering bits together for my engine conversion, the only thing is the twingo uses electronic power steering controlled by the ECU, i'll be running aftermarket management and thus renders this void, i can switch to a manual 1.2 base spec clio steering setup and lose my power steering or i can use a hybrid of clio bits and bits from my engine manufacturer to attempt to get it working, the thing is the car will be partially stripped, its pretty light as it is, should i go to the extra effort and difficulty of retaining this luxury or should i just bin it

Prab

Also why can't i add a voting pole!

Depends how much of a ball ache it is to keep it really.

To be honest, non-power steering cars aren't exactly hard to steer anyway. Plus you do get that extra feel for the road and more of a direct feel from not having power steering. Once thing I always loved my old R5 for. :)

If you're stripping it out and making it all about performance then power steering wouldn't be a necessity in my opinion.

Out of interest, is it a 133 lump you're fitting or something else?

I wouldnt be going to all this trouble for a 133 lump and it would be able to retain PAS, well the twingo is one of the few cars i've owned with power steering, it replaced my old r5 lol, i remember driving that after owning the twingo for a few months it was a bit of a ball ache at first but within a few hours it was ok, i'll probs bin it, its going to be a cross between performance and road car, thats why i dont think i'll fully strip it

Prab

Pmd about the engine alex

If it's an all-out track car and you're just going for performance then I wouldn't bother with the extra weight and complicity with the power steering. If you're doubting it then you don't need it, if you needed it you'd have a decision ;)

^^ its going going gone! my standard 1.2 turbo may be rehoused into a mk1 twingo Oem + styley