Project LTD

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my wheels at last with the correct of set they only just fit over the alcons. I am a

Well my first rally was definitely an experience! On the second stage of Saturday afternoon rallying and Mull lost a big personality in Andy Mort. The island was in shock and still is to have lost one of their own someone who gave alot to the rally over the years so R.I.P Andy.

Got up there on the Tuesday without a hitch got set up at the farm as we were stabled with 2 subaru's, r2 fiesta, fiat 500 and others.
Went out for a run out on the evening familiarising myself with the road again. I still had a few little things left to do on the car on Wednesday so did them and went for a ride round the island again.
Thursday my navi Andy was coming over with Phil who was servicing for us.
169lora.jpg

Went out Thursday night and set the pod Lights up with Phil and hardened the rear dampers up 7 clicks and then went over some of the stages with the notes.
Friday we went up to noise test and passed that with ease with the comment have you got the thing running lol.
Made our way down to Tobermory to the distillery for scrutineering and passed with a few small things that needed doing that would be checked before the start of ss1.
The weather was ok but reports of rain round the back of the island and running at the back we put on winter tyres and went out for ss1.
Went ok just made a mistake with the tyres as with it having the alcons on the front it was just locking the wheels as the tyres had no grip.
azh01g.jpg

SS2 was cancelled so we went to service and changes the tyres. So used soft silverstone's on the front and soft Dunlop on the rear.
The rest of the night was spent building confidence and getting used to running on good tyres. The car didn't miss a beat all night and we had made up 25 places over the night.
I have to say the avo suspension was fantastic and gave so much confidence over the bumps and the brakes we fantastic once the better tyres were on.
For next year I will be switching from a light pod to a light bar as I was struggling to see round hairpins. Few other things will be getting changed including the engine for a lower mileage one as the one that is in now has just under 166k on the clock!
A big thankyou to Phil as without you we wouldn't of made the start.
4vlc9z.jpg