Pure Motorsport Front top brace

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitfire1

Reaction score
Had a major issue this morning, the wipers don't work, basically the rotating arm you see below hits the bar as it swings round, I didn't use the car until this morning so it's the first time I tried them, so it looks like it's going to have to come off and returned - it's a real shame as it does such a great job - so the search continues. :oops: :oops:

IMG_1179.jpg

Well all is not lost, I had a good chat with Nick at Pure Motorsport and they have agreed to manufacture a prototype for me based the information I've sent back to them, basically the bar is going to be straight until it reaches the end bolts then it's going to be angled downwards to give me a 35mm clearance needed to miss the wiper arm, they expect to get the prototype to me by the end of the month - very well pleased with Pure Motorsport, they certainly are very interested in developing new products for the Twingo. :D :D

Rob :ugeek:

Spitfire1":lu9zbdks said:
Very well pleased with Pure Motorsport, they certainly are very interested in developing new products for the Twingo. :D :D
Yeah, I was chatting with one of the guys at FCS about their wishbone kit and it probably not working for the 133 which got a response of "we can probably do different length links to suit"

You got a mention :)

I like their approach, they certainly like to work with you, just wished they were a little closer.

I wished I could have come down to the FCS but all my plans went out the window, I also should have gone to Demon Tweek's for a Roadster meeting on Saturday, instead I went to fetch a new member of the family :lol: :lol:

IMG_1189.jpg

Meet George, my next re-build project :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: Still on the road, zero tax & MOT'd Drove back from Evesham - now that was an experience. :lol: :lol: :lol:

series 2 LR ? very .... uhhh ... agriculturally sexy! :p

oscar":28l1s4rc said:
series 2 LR ? very .... uhhh ... agriculturally sexy! :p
I've got me wellies :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's a 2A - 1966 - nearly as old as me :oops: :oops:

Just a quick up-date on this, I received the fully finished strut brace yesterday, very well made and finished. I'll try and fit it tomorrow and post some pictures with a little write up.

Rob. :D :D

Well it's on - can you see it.

IMG_1218-1.jpg

OK a little closer

IMG_1219-1.jpg

It's a very well made bit of kit, made of steel so the strength is all there, I ran the car in the morning without it (went to Donnington for a quick spin around the track in an Aston - another story, but fook it was quick :shock: :shock: )

Returned home and fitted the strut and took it out for a spin, I thought I was in a different car, wow :shock: :shock: love it - the front end is totally connected just a pleasure to drive even quicker around the bends :eek: :eek:

I'll post some more detailed photo's once I sent everything down to Pure Motorsport, who I understand have them in stock.

Rob. :ugeek:

It looks Great!!!
One question only, it is bolt on the top mount? :shock: Have you drill the chassis?

Dimitris85":3a6ndmm6 said:
It looks Great!!!
One question only, it is bolt on the top mount? :shock: Have you drill the chassis?
Yes you drill the top strut mount, this has to be used in conjunction with the solid top mount sold by Pure, if you visit their website you will see the fitting instructions (under Clio at the moment) which tells you how to fit both the strut and top mounts. One thing you need to be aware of is the heater duct which fits around the driver (or passenger if left hand driver) top strut mount, this needs to be cut which I will pass the dimensions on to Pure for them to include in their fitting instructions, basically you will end up with something like this:

IMG_1209.jpg

To keep it water tight I used a heavy duty duck tape to seal it up, it can't be seen once the wiper panel is re-fitted, this is what it looks like now

IMG_1215-1.jpg

One thing I will recommend is the fitting of the top mounts as the standard ones are totally useless, I have to say I've never seen such a bad design.

Hope this helps, if any one want to try the car you are more then welcome to come along and have a run in it - but remember I'm running Bilstein's plus other mods which make the car somewhat unique.

Rob.

Thanks for your answer! I am planning to invest in coilovers (brobably gaz when they became available) in the next months, so I will do it at once.

Just to close this out, Pure Motorsport have now added the brace to their shop for the RS / GT and standard Twingo 2 models - plus they are starting to sell more mods which has to be good for our little cars.

They are selling it as a kit including the top mount and includes full fitting instructions, here's the link: https://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=305&model=10

I will say I have no financial involvement with Pure as the strut brace was something I was looking for and Pure were the only ones to step up to the mark - good for them I say.

Rob.

Interesting to see if a a crescent can be milled out from the top bolt to the bottom .
Will allow users like myself with camber mounts to install it, secure it , and allow bolts to be loosened to allow camber adjustment

mwalsh":l702uwyz said:
Interesting to see if a a crescent can be milled out from the top bolt to the bottom .
Will allow users like myself with camber mounts to install it, secure it , and allow bolts to be loosened to allow camber adjustment
You're best speaking with Nick at Pure, I've not seen the design so I'm not sure what is required but you may be able to buy a un-machined top mount (3 off bolt hole removed) and have the work done yourself, I use camber bolts so no real issue for me, plus I'm happy with the caster as it's sufficient in it's standard form for road use.

Hi there, I have a gt fitted with bilstein b14 coilovers and the original rubber top mounts. I would like to change the top mounts with solid ones but I want to be sure that they will fit bilsteins' strut ends. For example I know that compbrake top mounts have a sleeve which does not fit without machining. In your case have you used pure motorsport top mounts as they come or you had to machine the sleeve as well? Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge!

vanvliet":1fmi4nzw said:
Hi there, I have a gt fitted with bilstein b14 coilovers and the original rubber top mounts. I would like to change the top mounts with solid ones but I want to be sure that they will fit bilsteins' strut ends. For example I know that compbrake top mounts have a sleeve which does not fit without machining. In your case have you used pure motorsport top mounts as they come or you had to machine the sleeve as well? Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge!
Hi - Yes I've got the solid top mounts with B14 fitted, no machining required it's a straight fit, just advise them you are fitting to B14 when you place the order.

Rob