Query about a few products

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigtonA

Reaction score
Hey Matt and others who may help

I am looking for something to get rid of bugs/general crap off the front of the car, is there anything you can suggest?

Also what is the best way to get rid of fine scratches on the paint work with out using a machine polisher, products recommended would be good.

One last thing what is the best wax to use which is fairly cheap?

Cheers,

Andrew

The cheapest way to get rid of baked on bugs is to put a warm wet cloth over them to soften them up. Leave it for 5 minutes, and they wipe away easily.

for removing bug bodies, wash car as normal, which generaly leaves a few stuborn smudges. A clean MF cloth in clean water/shampoo will have enough bite to remove the last bits with quite gentle pressure. Rince/wet and turn the cloth, as it can scratch easier than a fluffy mitt or good sponge. Realy stubborn splats, allow to soften for a few minutes between hitting hits.

If you would need to scrub hard, then consider clay instead.

I'm not going to recomend any swirl minimising products as this is Monsters place and i don't know his range

As for a wax - I'd suggest trying one of the dodo hard waxes. I've been using Diamond White from Matt and it's awesome stuff. You can get the panel pots from Matt for not much at all, and they will do a few coats on a car the size of a twingo.

HigtonA":3s0l61a9 said:
Hey Matt and others who may help

I am looking for something to get rid of bugs/general crap off the front of the car, is there anything you can suggest?

Also what is the best way to get rid of fine scratches on the paint work with out using a machine polisher, products recommended would be good.

One last thing what is the best wax to use which is fairly cheap?

Cheers,

Andrew

A good quality shampoo and warm water should remove most bugs. We sell APC (all purpose cleaner), which is good for removing any remaining ingrained bugs and dirt. It's also good for cleaning just about anything (arches, tyres, wheels, engine bay, grilles, interior, plastic trim etc). Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Detailing Spray is also pretty good at removing bugs. Failing these options, you'd have to turn to clay, but I doubt that will be necessary.

For removing scratches, you'd need to polish - by hand or machine. You can remove some light scratches and improve the overall finish by hand, using decent polish and a soft microfibre applicator pad. However, to properly remove scratches and swirls, you'll probably need a machine polisher. As of tomorrow, we'll have the Dodo Juice Buff Daddy in stock, which is an excellent dual action machine polisher.

Dodo Juice make lots of different waxes, so it's difficult to recommend one particular wax without more information on what you're looking for.

I'm guessing you'd want one that's optimized for dark coloured paint?
Would you be after a small 30ml pot (cheaper) or a large 200-250ml pot (better value)?
If anything, would you prefer ease of application (soft wax) or durability (hard wax)?

Thanks for that Matt :)

How much is your APC (all purpose cleaner) and the Dodo Juice Buff Daddy?

For the wax, i am not sure since i have never used it :p but i am looking for a wax to give the best result to keep the shine on the black :) and i would just get the 30ml pot, soft wax just to see how i get on using it.

HigtonA":2m85vxd4 said:

For the wax, i am not sure since i have never used it :p but i am looking for a wax to give the best result to keep the shine on the black :) and i would just get the 30ml pot, soft wax just to see how i get on using it.

I'll put together a quote and send you a message :)

Monster Detail":10pp7et1 said:
HigtonA":10pp7et1 said:

I'll put together a quote and send you a PM, mate :)

I have a few other things I would like, I will send you a PM in a bit just to add to the quote :)