Racecar Engineer / CCC

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1975DCS

Reaction score
So pistons (higher CR? Or just forged?), cam (just one?), flywheel (steel I guess, as aluminum is forbidden), exhaust system (including manifold?), airbox and Magnetti Marelli for engine and gearbox. Supposed to be drivable unit!
R1 has standard engine with ECU to improve midrange... Also some nice bits in the suspension...

Twingo Renaultsport R2:

Features the normally-aspirated 1,598cc 16-valve K4M RS engine developed by Renault Sport Technologies, ensuring the car is effective, reliable and fun-to-drive. The main changes concern the pistons, camshaft, flywheel, exhaust system and the addition of a specific air box. This special preparation gives the engine an extra 27hp compared with the production model, reaching a mighty 160hp (118kW) of power at 7,250rpm. Maximum torque (160Nm) is reached at 5,500rpm. A specific motorsport ECU manages engine (power supply and ignition) and gearbox operations. It operates in conjunction with a special electrical wiring loom and may be combined with an optional data logging. Twingo Renaultsport R2's engine has been designed to cover 2,500 kilometres of special stages between each service.

Twingo Renaultsport R1:

The engine and gearbox are identical to the production model. An ECU setting giving torque at lower engine speeds will be homologated to improve mid-range performance.

More to be found here:
https://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/ccc-renaultsport-twingo/

e-mail i've got from rensport in france is that pistons and cams are different and wouldnt work on a road going twingo 133. wouldnt go into any more detail then that :(

orbital":1rm5wmte said:
e-mail i've got from rensport in france is that pistons and cams are different and wouldnt work on a road going twingo 133. wouldnt go into any more detail then that :(

It is too bad Renault Sport is not helping a bit, you could try Set Promotion in Finland or Madeno in Holland, they work with the R2 (and Set Promotion with Clio S1600 as well),but I would only contact them is you are really willing to buy...

i did ask about s1600 manifold would work and fittings etc... didnt even get a reply. lol