rear brake disks

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toop182

Reaction score
can anyone clarify if 172 disks are a direct fit to the rs, if not which other models will fit. the disks aint cheap i know but i really need some, has anyone put different disks on the back and how much did they cost thanks guys..

ive got apec ones on mine, 44 pound per disk including the hubs and the pads were 36 pound.

i also have them on the front, i would recommend them to anyone. not sure about the 172 brakes though mate

i've got 182's with abs but havent fitted them on, but told they will work a treat. not sure when i'll be putting them on but oem ones are not grooved to hell. just need time to do it

The Twingo brake setup is as follows

Front discs 172/182
Front pads laguna 3 diesel
Rear discs 1.6 megane 2
rear pads 1.6 megane 2

Karl":3ucg05ne said:
The Twingo brake setup is as follows

Front discs 172/182
Front pads laguna 3 diesel
Rear discs 1.6 megane 2
rear pads 1.6 megane 2

you can save a fair few quid going down the megane rear discs route ;) almost a pair plus pads for the equivalent of a pair of wheel bearings.

I could do with confirmation on this too please. Also need to replace rear discs and pads

The Clio discs are a slightly diffrent design, they have teeth on the inner side also they use some kind of spacer ring. Tbh just get some brembo discl from eurocarparts, they often have decent discounts they came with the hub nut, abs and bearing already in place. Or eBay will throw up some genuine ones, really mate price wise there's not gonna be much in it just get some twingo ones is it really worth messing around trying to get 172/182 disks to fit ?