Remap

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex12fowler

Reaction score
I'm getting my gt remapped next week and wanted to know if I needed new injectors or any other parts for me to get a map? If I was to get a map and ktec cat back would the car need anything to accommodate this? Thanks

I've just had mine done & yes. you need new injectors for it. the re-mapper should tell you this.

you can get decent 2nd hand 172/182 injectors that fit the GT for £50.

if you havent already I'd look at putting a new air filter on for better air flow into the engine..

Hope this helps

Best to get all parts fitted before a remap to avoid having to get another remap to accommodate for the new stuff ;)

General stuff to do to a GT is exhaust, filter, injectors and if you want a FMIC, also it seems getting it mapped on a more premium fuel like v power or bp ultimate gives its abit more power and smoother delivery.

As said above 172/182 injectors are a direct replacement and have a better flow than standard and can be bought for as little as £50, also a good service if its due one would be beneficial before mapping ;)

There's plenty of progress threads you can look through, off the top of my head JE_GT has done everything readily available in terms on tuning a GT already so his thread might interest you specifically.

I'm going to remap science in Bradford cos it fairly local to me. I've spoken to him on the phone just for him to tell me he can do the map. Think I'm gonna call him today and ask some questions. I don't think the gt is a car he had done before. I've got a kandN filter and that's it atm. Cheers for the help

Isn't rs tuning in Leeds?

And Paul has done many GT maps so it isn't a step into the unknown. For the extra 10 miles or so to Leeds from Bradford I know what I would do

maggi112":3msmaa9b said:
Isn't rs tuning in Leeds?

And Paul has done many GT maps so it isn't a step into the unknown. For the extra 10 miles or so to Leeds from Bradford I know what I would do

I'll second this ^^^

You really need to have confidence in what is being done to your car, when a little error by the tuner could cause irreparable damage to your car.

I didn't know rs tuning was in leeds. I have spoken to ktec racing and the mapper in Bradford,they both told me that injectors arnt really needed for a basic map although I might get some anyway. He said he's done these before and says he gets 20bhp nd 25 torque. I will give rs a ring

Of course they're not needed, but they are one of the early bottlenecks so if you want a better gain it's a simple change.

You could just remap the car with no changes made otherwise, the will just be limited on the gain made

Yeh that's true I live fairly near a breakers yard that has Clio 182s if I was to have a map done then replace the injectors after would this improve anything? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to all this and appreciate any advice I get

alex12fowler":24ei7bzw said:
Yeh that's true I live fairly near a breakers yard that has Clio 182s if I was to have a map done then replace the injectors after would this improve anything? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to all this and appreciate any advice I get
You have to have it mapped with the injectors... If you map it then put injectors in you'll need to map it again as it won't run

Jjay":nwvfwrhg said:
alex12fowler":nwvfwrhg said:
You have to have it mapped with the injectors... If you map it then put injectors in you'll need to map it again as it won't run

Car will go into limp mode if they are fitted before or after a map you need to be them to be fitted with the car on the RR then load a map onto it before starting it up fully then the mapper can start fine tune it.

Fitting them takes about 10 minutes at most

rs tuning wont map them without injectors, too risky that tells you all you need to know!

my last GT was mapped on standard injectors but of course top end power was compromised I had a massive lump of low down torque 145 lb/ft but it was running out of puff past 4000rpm due to the injectors drove like a diesel. was good for what it cost going down the fastchip rstuner route but this time im going to rs tuning in leeds for injectors and map

Ive heard of a GT running 102% duty cycle on the injectors. So, the accepted safety margin at 80% has been completely ignored. The safety margin is there to allow for the injectors or fuel pump wearing and any increased adaptive trim to the fuel map to correct for environmental changes. Being already at 100%, any increase will not make any actual difference. .. when the tap is fully open, you cant make it more open :?

All that happens is the engine will run lean, resulting in it running hotter, potentially causing pre-ignition or detonation which hopefully the knock sensor can catch and save a disaster. If not, its melt down time.

No, this wasnt Paul, as said, he wouldnt map it unless the engine was capable of it :)

waitey":hooa3nou said:
Jjay":hooa3nou said:
alex12fowler":hooa3nou said:

Car will go into limp mode if they are fitted before or after a map you need to be them to be fitted with the car on the RR then load a map onto it before starting it up fully then the mapper can start fine tune it.

Fitting them takes about 10 minutes at most

the car will not start if you put a different set of injectors in. injectors go in when it's at the place where you'll get it remapped otherwise you will need towed. once he he's ready to reprogramme the ecu he will tell the ecu that the car is running different injectors. normally at a standalone garage, they'd use a diagnostic machine to enter the new injector codes into the fuel management ecm.

I didn't know rs tuning was in leeds. I have spoken to ktec racing and the mapper in Bradford,they both told me that injectors arnt really needed for a basic map although I might get some anyway. He said he's done these before and says he gets 20bhp nd 25 torque. I will give rs a ring
Apparently mine been mapped at rs tuning they sent this ??

Found out car I just got been mapped at flywheel bit says 131hp 120nm ??