Remapping / new management

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of weeks time, there really booked up and need the whole day to fit 182 injectors and map it.

mazmaz":4wg9q9rg said:
is 182 injector bigger or better in something ?

Has a 40cc better flow and standard injectors around 130bhp will be running at 100%, safer to use 182 injectors to avoid strain on standards plus can be mapped better for more power.

As they havnt mapped this before on tce engine (manifold, turbo, etc) they want to custom map it bit by bit, so I'll take some ham and cheese sardines and spend the day being educated about ecu and mapping.... Said that I could go in the booth and help them map it, they were rather intreeged about it... :) hope it does go smoothly... Ordering a clutch on Friday, so that leaves just the oil cooler and brakes to sort out. Will have a chat with them about the car when I'm there and I guess you never know what they may be able to help out with.

Yes the 182 injectors are a bit better, standard ones are on full chat at about 4500k the are needed as more fuel will be needed, as waitey said standard injectors no good at all past 130bhp, I'm not chasing big power but don't want fueling issues if it's comfortable at say 135, 140, so just makes sense to replace.

Guys what fitment size is the oil filter in the tce,... As without this information I cant order correct sandwich plate and oil cooler and they being fitted this weekend coming....

If you know the fitment size... Please please let me know... ASAP.... Also just double checking the tce has a small oil cooler standard doesn't it..... Where the oil filter attaches

Should get car back next week some time, it's a bit over due. I will pop up some pics when i get it.

Also did you know the tce has sodium filled valves... Nice!! :)

It is time.........Part 1 of 3' Collect car tomorrow, part 1...... Then to Wales for new clutch, turbo boost control, steering wheel, mot and gearbox oil change, part 2....... The 26th to ktec for custom map and 182 injectors.... Part 3 complete.......

Car collected, drives as before pretty much, maybe a little less power in 1st, they've kept boost at 0.5 bar until it has bigger injectors and remapping better safe than sorry... Does feel like there is more to come if you know what I mean... they used the actuator from the standard turbo, intercooler in 3 times the size of standard one... Turbo is still a top mounted one on the manifold, manifold has the branches leading to turbo seperatly instead of them all being straight in together in the middle and outside like the standard manifold, So flow is better. Of course the pipework exept the manifold is stainless steal and mostly all hard pipes.... Cat is under the car now... The emissions light was off when I set off home but after about 30 miles it came on saying check emissions still runs ok but the light is on... Hope this gets sorted on remap may be just a loose sensor. Sounds a lot deeper and louder, so hopefully after the remap it will produce decent results :)

Picked up spark plugs, oil filter and oil from Renault today, trl front toe strap arrived and also the 13 row oil cooler and sandwich plate with catch tank. Off to Wales in a mo steering wheel and. Clutch being done too.

Update on the tce project... New clutch done, gear box oil changed, spark plugs changed, carbon fibre evo 7 bonnet vent fitted, the sparco 300 steering wheel with quick release boss too, air bag light is on even after we wired in fuses hopefully this can be removed at ktec on Friday, the front toe strap fitted also.... The mocal oil cooler is in place but not plumbed in as the wrong oil feed pipe was sent, we tried to fit the sandwich plate directly onto the water cooled oil cooler thinking it would have double cooling, but the filter was sitting on the front chassie so with any flex a hole would appear in the oil filter and oil loss would make it an a&e case.... Lol. So I need the oils feed pipe from a standard Clio and the oil cooler will need the pipes added, it's mount next to the front mount bottom left as you look at the car. No room found for the oil catch tank, and the manual boost control valve will be fitted at ktec so they can change boost easily when mapping.

The car does better mpg, 39mpg from gosport to Wales and back, with 1/4 tank left.... Now 50.5mpg around town at the moment.

IMAG0428_zpse3ff128a.jpg

IMAG0405_zps8e3469d2.jpg

IMAG0424_zpsb6428a01.jpg

IMAG0338_zps30d8ba7f.jpg

IMAG0337_zpsdf659b7a.jpg

IMAG0395_zps85579c60.jpg

IMAG0415_zpsd34454b1.jpg

could you bring the aifilter forwads, infront of the slam pannel. Theres that large oval hole which looks ideal.

Some good progress btw :)

Looking good man but that grill I doubt is doing much the air will be flowing over it mainly and not through it...

Wouldn't the vent cause negative pressure to get a good amount of air in? As many cars have the same style vents and it works with them