Removing the inside front door panel.. HELP

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewisdolman1996

Reaction score
Hi, i am looking to change my speakers in my front doors so i will therefore need to take off my whole inside front door panel (as the speaker cover doesn't come out on its own. After googling and you tubing i cannot find any information on how to remove them. There is lots of videos on how to do this on clio's/megane's but nothing for my car. I have the Twingo 133 cup edition. Any information will be appreciated.

If so there should be 3/4 torq screws along the bottom of the door panel, unscrew those,
one where the electric window controls are (under a cap)
one in the door handle surround (behind a cap)

Once those are out its little clips holding them on whichbwith a little force pull the glove box towards yourself, then pull upwards to get it over the window seal. Once the door is off you can either detach the handle or rotate it round so you can just get to the speakers.

Tweeters in the front you can reach from the footwell of the driverside put your arm up behind where the accelerator is and feel about yourll find the tweeter thats just a unclip and pull out - youll find out then if you have wiring or not. Passenger side is nore of a pain in the ass because of thefuse box, you can try feel around i didnt have any luck that way so i just popped it off with a flat head screwdriver

Hi and thanks for the reply. I have removed my rear inside panels and there is holes there for speakers amd also speaker wires. Can anybody tell me what size speakers i need for the rear. I have looked on ebay etc and they sell 13cm ones but they say front door and not rear. I have put the rear panels back on and didn't measure them so just wondered if anybody can tell me the size and would i need additional adaptors. Thanks

13cm or 5.25" their identical to the fronts, its recommended you buy the adaptors however i just drilled and extra securing hole into the chasis and used little metal clips with a self taping screw to secure them.

Wiring wise are you sure their speaker cables not parking sensor cables? They are also located in the rear panels

Hi and thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure that they are speakers cables as they are 2 female connectors exactly where the speakers should go but I am not certain.

They could be, some people have had luck with having factory wiring in the rear some havent, typical renault lol personally I didnt have the wiring in the rear. Ill see if I can find the picture I have of my rear quarters

Its not a clear picture, the cable running from te shrink into the panel are parking sensors, you'll be able to tell from the connectors whether they match the front speakers or if they look completely different.