Renault Badge History

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Louis Renault, the founder of Renault, produced his first car in his own backyard when he was 21 years old. When he started receiving orders from companies to build more cars, he started the Société Renault Frères Company with his brothers and friends in France (1898).
Renault’s first logo introduced in 1900 featured the initials of the Renault brothers: Louis, Ferdinand and Marcel. In 1906, the logo was changed to a front end of a car, enclosed in a gear wheel.
During the First World War, Renault produced light tanks for the Allies. Renault changed its logo to a tank after the war due to the popularity of its tank, Renault FT-17. The diamond shape, which appears in the company logo till date was first introduced in 1925. Victor Vasarely designed the modern Renault logo in 1972

Attachments

• cbleoag-17.jpg
    cbleoag-17.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 5,452
Twingogeekeo":2v2g2jqt said:
Louis Renault, the founder of Renault, produced his first car in his own backyard when he was 21 years old. When he started receiving orders from companies to build more cars, he started the Société Renault Frères Company with his brothers and friends in France (1898).
Renault’s first logo introduced in 1900 featured the initials of the Renault brothers: Louis, Ferdinand and Marcel. In 1906, the logo was changed to a front end of a car, enclosed in a gear wheel.
During the First World War, Renault produced light tanks for the Allies. Renault changed its logo to a tank after the war due to the popularity of its tank, Renault FT-17. The diamond shape, which appears in the company logo till date was first introduced in 1925. Victor Vasarely designed the modern Renault logo in 1972

i want a renault tank!!!!!!!
wonder if there is any on ebay? :lol:

Wow. Thanks for the history Karl. I think there is a historical badge set you can buy from Renault for £20 or something. Might invest in one.

Sam":lb25ecsc said:
I think there is a historical badge set you can buy from Renault for £20 or something. Might invest in one.

If you find it, can you post the link here, please?