Renault Need It's 911

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me, or does Renault often suit the 'Ambitious, but rubbish' tag line?

It could be an absolutely amazing piece of kit, look incredible, drive like nothing else and do things only other cars can dream of and be held in high regard by your average joe and your petrolheads (think Honda NSX...) yet be a sales flop. I suspect this will be the case :p

Ambitious or not, if there's one manufacturer that can make fun cars it's Renault. When you compare a standard Twingo with the RS, the RS feels like a completely different car. All by just tweaking the suspension, when you give them the chance (in cooperation with Caterham) to built an "no limit" sportscar I think it will be great. They just have to over-engineer it, so it can compete with Porsche quality.

I agree. Yet the 133 hasn't exactly sold in masses has it?

And that's because 9/10 people who buy (or I guess nowadays lease) new cars care more about a badge than how a car drives.

Sad but true :(

maggi112":1a73cnsx said:
I agree. Yet the 133 hasn't exactly sold in masses has it?

And that's because 9/10 people who buy (or I guess nowadays lease) new cars care more about a badge than how a car drives.

Sad but true :(
How many adverts have you seen for the RS133?

I bet most people who aren't particularly into cars but want a small new car are more likely to think of Fiat 500, Corsa or infact any other car first as they are advertised more. Many people are probably unaware theres two versions of the Twingo

Isn't going to sell, if I had 30-40K to spend I wouldn't get a renault to be a fast 2 seater.

Piston heads mentioned the cayman and Alfa 4C I'd choose them over it every time and not to mention they won't have puny 1.6 turbo engines!

Then there's the BMW Z4 35i with its monster engine in that price range.

I dunno.. I'd love to see them pull it off though.

Caterham in the mix sounds like 'winning' to me :)

& to be fair, I like it that he Twingo RS is something rare and awesome to see and hear instead of another dull Golf.

MovingShadow":1to8bj5u said:
I like it that he Twingo RS is something rare and awesome to see and hear instead of another dull Golf.

This this this
I love it that people don't know what one is when they see it and that I hardly ever see any other ones about because when I do I get really excited haha

LCplParks":aezcuy5x said:
MovingShadow":aezcuy5x said:
I like it that he Twingo RS is something rare and awesome to see and hear instead of another dull Golf.

This this this
I love it that people don't know what one is when they see it and that I hardly ever see any other ones about because when I do I get really excited haha

So true, you are always seeing Fiat 500, corsa VXR, Fiesta ST, bur it makes a change when you see a Twingo RS. I think because people don't know of the RS they under estimate it somewhat. :)

MovingShadow":3i2193vx said:
Because they say "It's still a Renault".

Better than a ford or vauxhall.

I have never known a car to be as unreliable as vauxhall, oh and their main dealers are rubbish and service the is piss poor.

When the new shape corsa came out my dad got one as a run around, brand new car they smashed the mirror glass and didn't tell us, we found out when the cheap mirror looked a different shape and revealed the original shattered one beneath, oh it also dropped off in the car wash and the dealer refused responsibility so we took the car back and got our money back, only had it 3 weeks and all sorts of problems popped up!!

waitey":298vvq2m said:
MovingShadow":298vvq2m said:
Because they say "It's still a Renault".

Better than a ford or vauxhall.

I have never known a car to be as unreliable as vauxhall, oh and their main dealers are rubbish and service the is piss poor.

When the new shape corsa came out my dad got one as a run around, brand new car they smashed the mirror glass and didn't tell us, we found out when the cheap mirror looked a different shape and revealed the original shattered one beneath, oh it also dropped off in the car wash and the dealer refused responsibility so we took the car back and got our money back, only had it 3 weeks and all sorts of problems popped up!!
Jeez you'd think if thwy wanted to cover it up then they'd replace it with a proper one at least!! I don't like vauxhalls either, find them a boring place to sit if that makes any sense to anyone else lol.

However you cut it, vauxhall far outsells Renault.

Take the corsa limited edition, that's very cleverly marketed. Young drivers can insure it. And they come with the stuff those young drivers want to see. I can see how there's 15k on the road already.

Renault don't often do themselves many favours at all

maggi112":3igytq4u said:
However you cut it, vauxhall far outsells Renault.

Take the corsa limited edition, that's very cleverly marketed. Young drivers can insure it. And they come with the stuff those young drivers want to see. I can see how there's 15k on the road already.

Renault don't often do themselves many favours at all
If you owned a corsa vxr, would you be a bit miffed with so many almost alikes running about. Or maybe a 1.2 16v RS bodied Twingo came to the market with a decent add campaign.

If I owned a corsa vxr I would change the bumpers and put a 1.2 badge on it...