Renault Twingo Mk2 Heater issue

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumon94

Reaction score
Hi, i have an issue with a 2010 Renault Twingo 1.2 where the heater will stop blowing air (cold or warm). I did look into this forum in the past and found out that the wiring is really poor and the difficult task of taking the dashboard out to diagnose the blower issue. Regardless of this, i have changed the blower motor and the resistor and i thought the issue was fixed but within a week it died again. I cant tell if this is an issue with something else and would like some advice into what i should look into to resolve this issue.

This is my first time posting on this so if it has been resolved before, i do apologise in advanced.

Hi, i have an issue with a 2010 Renault Twingo 1.2 where the heater will stop blowing air (cold or warm). I did look into this forum in the past and found out that the wiring is really poor and the difficult task of taking the dashboard out to diagnose the blower issue. Regardless of this, i have changed the blower motor and the resistor and i thought the issue was fixed but within a week it died again. I cant tell if this is an issue with something else and would like some advice into what i should look into to resolve this issue.

This is my first time posting on this so if it has been resolved before, i do apologise in advanced.
Hi, I look to have the same issue. Can you offer advise on the process of replacing the heater and resistor please? At the moment I'm at a bit of a stand still as I need to find a deeper socket set to get the dash off.

It’s relatively easy to change the resistor without removing the whole dash. (RHD car)
In the glovebox remove the two nuts that hold the airbag in - you need a deep socket 13mm from memory

Lift the airbag out and prop it (no need to disconnect) and follow a two thick wires red and black down close to the centre binnacle where they go onto a connector

Remove the connector which has about 4 other wires that go to the heater switch

That connects to the back of the resitor which is hidden inside the ductwork. The resistor is held in by two 6mm head machine screws, one you can just see looking down (above the connector). Remove those (it’s a faff) and the resistor pulls out. I found that I could put a socket head on and just about remove them just with fingers and pliers, once they start it’s easy

Replacements are available all over the place including Amazon for about £20. Photos are of mine from a 2010 mark2. Cut the wires, rejoin and put everything back together.

It took an hour, although I had to do it twice as I needed the part number to order. I did find just removing and replacing the connector worked for about 6 months so it may just be a bad connection but I had the parts so did it anyway

Attachments

• IMG_8719.jpeg
    IMG_8719.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8713.jpeg
    IMG_8713.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8715.jpeg
    IMG_8715.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
It’s relatively easy to change the resistor without removing the whole dash. (RHD car)
In the glovebox remove the two nuts that hold the airbag in - you need a deep socket 13mm from memory

Lift the airbag out and prop it (no need to disconnect) and follow a two thick wires red and black down close to the centre binnacle where they go onto a connector

Remove the connector which has about 4 other wires that go to the heater switch

That connects to the back of the resitor which is hidden inside the ductwork. The resistor is held in by two 6mm head machine screws, one you can just see looking down (above the connector). Remove those (it’s a faff) and the resistor pulls out. I found that I could put a socket head on and just about remove them just with fingers and pliers, once they start it’s easy

Replacements are available all over the place including Amazon for about £20. Photos are of mine from a 2010 mark2. Cut the wires, rejoin and put everything back together.

It took an hour, although I had to do it twice as I needed the part number to order. I did find just removing and replacing the connector worked for about 6 months so it may just be a bad connection but I had the parts so did it anyway
Thankyou, you absolute legend. I ordered some deeper sockets yesterday, so we'll see how it goes

Hi, did you get to resolve the problem? My daughters 2013 twingo doing the same thing, not working at all then couple of days later springs back to life, any info would be appreciated,thank you.