Renault UK slashes model range

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
singlespeed":20dt7ra5 said:
Besides the charging times and places to actualy do it, another thought occured . How will Elevtric Vehicles fair in our winters?

Unlike internal combustion engines, EV's won't produce much heat from their engine (motor). Heat which we currently disperce through a radiator or actualy use for cabin heating and windscreen demisting. Do EV's have heaters/demisters and if so, what does this do to the range?
Not the mention what the cold does to battery's.

MovingShadow":6ov3itob said:
weebob":6ov3itob said:
Maintenance of a Alfa mate is another world. A main dealership once tried to charge me £250 for a oil and oil filter change.... Cam belt and plugs on a normal 2L four pot, £700 sir

Well Alfa does kinda belong in the 'special' categorie :p

Sam":6ov3itob said:
As for introducing their electric car range, good luck to them but I can't see them working out for people. How many Nissan Leafs do you see on the road? Not many. And they take forever to recharge, not handy for long distance journeys really. If you're on a business trip and your car runs out of electric before you arrive, are you supposed to phone your client and say "Sorry, my car has ran out of electric! We'll have to wait until its charged tomorrow" and sit in the service station for the rest of the day.

The technology isn't quite there yet and there still needs to be more R&D into it. Until you can get an electric car that will recharge its battery as quickly as you or I top up with petrol, and an electric car that won't need a new battery every year, I can't see it hitting off.

Exactly my thoughts too.

I don't really see a future yet for electric car, atleast not with the current batteries or storage capacity.

Hydrogen on the other hand is the future IMO and it's piculiar thats being less promoted than electric (or hybrid) cars.

ever heard of arabian mafia , what are those sheiks gona do with their oil when a hydrogen car breaks out and everyone buys them , they are gona drown in their own oil , i still think those arabs are always trying to stop the research of these cars so they cannot get mass fabricated whitout any drawbacks :x

GhostZ":619d3rfq said:
what are those sheiks gona do with their oil when a hydrogen car breaks out and everyone buys them ,

Cost price for petrol will fall, and it will be happy days again in our big V8. :D

Araf":3ngj23ef said:
GhostZ":3ngj23ef said:
what are those sheiks gona do with their oil when a hydrogen car breaks out and everyone buys them ,

Cost price for petrol will fall, and it will be happy days again in our big V8. :D

Most likely not as they'll just reduce the supply of oil to keep the price at the same level :( Also there is a hydrogen shortage as well apparently?

Dubz":17luhu9j said:
Araf":17luhu9j said:
GhostZ":17luhu9j said:

Most likely not as they'll just reduce the supply of oil to keep the price at the same level :( Also there is a hydrogen shortage as well apparently?
You know thats water right? :p

Readily availiable Hydrogen for ZEVs is on shortage at the moment.
Hydrogen is mostly sythesised through electrolysis of Water.

Water, being readily availiable, isn't the issue. The fact that the covalent bonds between the 2 Hydrogen atoms and the Oxygen are increadably hard to break, is.

The electrolysis requires a huge amount of energy to efficiently break the bonds forming Hydrogen and Oxygen and there isn't the demand for pump Hydrogen...