Renault Wind Gordini 1.2 Flat Spot and Stuff

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAD1

Reaction score
Yes, got a Renault Wind Gordini 1.2 (No 33) in black. A few things I would like to improve are:
1) Its got a flat spot between 1500 and 2000... might get a remap to fix that and up the power a bit.
2) Road noise is quite loud, might think about some soundproofing maybe different front tyres.

............any ideas on these issues??

........... already fitted parking sensors, essential really! Ride is quite hard but having ran a fair few (proper) Minis I can live with that. Funny looking cars aren't they :D
Top down is a bit buffety on my left ear, but a wooly hat fixed that................bit of a reflection from the dash too, so a square of black cloth on it sorts that.

Got a dashcam fitted just to the left of the rear view mirror.

.....not the most economical car for 1149cc.... maybe the remap will nudge that up slightly?

Its nice having an unusual car.... other drivers dont know what the hell it is. Good handling on the twisties, seats are nice but feel a bit short on the base and the seating position takes a bit of getting used to. Just velcroed a bike bottle rack to the rear bulkhead as well as the ashtray pot thing that didnt fit in the doors.

Overall though, quite like it and I would miss it now if I didnt have it...... and yes anyone who makes a joke of the name and thinks I have not heard it before must be stupid..... debadged mine anyway ;)

The flat spot between those revs will most likely be the turbo spooling up.

A remap will give a few more MPG's I believe MovingShadow gained around 3 mpg after a stage 2 remap (injectors,fmic, intake, exhaust, clutch). No idea how much a stage 1 would give.

The soundproofing isn't that great on the twingo's I guess it's the same as the wind as they're basically the same. I just sort that out by using the radio nice and loud or put a window down :)

I can get below 6 liter /100 km but as Dubz says, mines at Stage 2 right now and has alot more torque.

Dubz said:
The flat spot between those revs will most likely be the turbo spooling up.

........ actually the flat spot just above idle when pulling away feels like the throttle response not lack of boost..... defo.... so remap.... and.... I have heard of a Renault software up issue to fix such a thing....if memory serves :?:

There was a renault ECU update for the 1.2 which I got and there's an update for the 133 to stop the kangaroo'ing but I don't know of a GT update (if there is I hope mines got it!)

Yeah when pulling away I get a 300-500 rpm gap until it pulls which is the boost. From 3000+ the boost is near instant but I'm sure the gap you're feeling at low revs is the boost building as it is only a small 1.1 engine.

But if you want a remap go for it :p You'll most likely end up with 120 bhp without any other mods and a hell of a lot more torque!

But if you want a remap go for it :p You'll most likely end up with 120 bhp without any other mods and a hell of a lot more torque![/quote]

The current 'flatspot' is just above idle really and probably would kangaroo if I let..... I sort of anticipate it or lift the revs when pulling away. Would Renault charge to fix their oversight??? I am guessing any remap would overwrite the problem anyway?

..... yes tempted by the Superchips Bluefin...... £320 tho..... do it myself and I think you can go back to standard if you want.

......RST in Leeds... too far, don't want to hang around for ages with he does it.

There's also Pendle Performance who is reputedly "associated" with RST, but still take most of the day.

Bluefin gives +18 hp.

Yes defo want a remap.... probably next month.....still weighing up the options :ugeek: