Renaultsport Clio 200 EDC

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So today I gave her a wash, the weather halted most of my plans :(

12723148893_f49da8ac1b_b.jpg

12723458634_3c8c01e4ed_b.jpg

12723455804_90bd325af3_b.jpg

12723453594_24dc22fe04_b.jpg

12723137083_8bbedc8953_b.jpg

12723445954_772a4b37d1_b.jpg

12723132033_e36bf5fecb_b.jpg

12723126903_1be730407d_b.jpg

Oooooooof....... Schmexy! The black on black on black looks the nuts...... I was sold on red with anthracite cup wheels but that just looks meean - with another e for extra meanness!

Cheers guys. Hoping it rains before she's dirty so I can see the beading :p
Must say I'm impressed with how she coped with stationery traffic this morning. Makes my life a whole lot easier!

maggi200":30lvmpgu said:
Cheers guys. Hoping it rains before she's dirty so I can see the beading :p
Must say I'm impressed with how she coped with stationery traffic this morning. Makes my life a whole lot easier!

thats when it goes to the next level when you spray hosepipe at it just to see the beading :p

So how fast is it actually? Is it a mahoosive difference between the 133 and this? How does the engine feel coming from a sporty NA to a turbocharged one like this?

It feels quicker in every way.

Gearbox is fast, responsive and feels very special with the long metallic paddles.
Engine feels like it wants to rev, almost like it isn't turbo charged, and even sounds good inside. The torque means it pulls out of corners and you can feel the electronic diff doing it's stuff, it's quite odd but works. Combined with the 'box, it's really quite a lot faster.
Brakes are simply epic. I've driven both a 197 and 200 previously when looking at cars, and they're stronger than the Brembos of old.
Corners - still to really get to that. It's too wet to even bother thinking about it, but what I have tried, it stays flat and corners hard, yet is still supple enough to not ruin your back.

Combined with the jump in interior quality and gadgets, I feel it's a good upgrade. You can have a play at FCS

I've only looked at one in some garage but you couldn't even get in as the doors were locked. Garage wouldn't allow test drives either as they were afraid of inexperienced people driving it.

Tbh It's easy to drive. Both normally and quickly. The back end is quite mobile, I can feel that, but you would need to be doing sully speeds that you wouldn't on a test drive to unsettle it enough to wrap it around a tree. You'll just have to wait till June :p

Very impressed earlier this afternoon Maggi. :)

As a passenger, one of the first things I noticed was the acceleration from low revs, it seems to relish on just building up power effortlessly. Didnt appear to be any turbo lag that I noticed. It seems to pull just as hard as the 182 cup.
Loved the downshifts, blips and pops. Great feature.

As you mention earlier, the build quality when you're in the cabin is quite a departure from the Clios of old.
Its a nice interior to be in.

(sidenote: I was more than happy to come out in my freshly waxed car, hoping to get a bit of a downpour to reassure me that Id done a good job by showing some nice natural beading loveliness :lol: )
Alas, it was not to be, so i'm sure I'll be rewarded with rain tomorrow, when I dont want it. :(

Really good to meet you James, thanks for the comments! Glad it feels like it pulls, as my only criticism is from the drivers seat it doesn't always feel like you're doing the speed you actually are! It's quite easy to get caught out if you're not careful and I've found cruise control and the speed limiter are really handy in licence retention :lol:
The pops are quite addictive, probably explains the 29mpg average from the last tank. I only managed 33mpg on the way down but it was very windy and the rain etc hindered progress.

The car looked great, certainly given us (or rather Andy) something else to Look into.