Return to original radio

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for allowing me as a new member.
Just bought 2013 rs133 which had aftermarket radio which I didn’t think much about at the time.
Want to return to original so display works etc
I think I need 581151607r plus surround which on eBay seems like at least£160 - so I want to make sure.
Will display simply work or need pairing up, and is that a diy fix?
Thanks

I have put in aftermarket radio before so I wont "lose" radio display when I upgraded to RS monitor, since OEM radio didnt work with RS monitor display. Now I have put back the OEM unit, it works ok, just without display. I can still change and store radio ets. so no biggy for me. It should be just plug and play IF the display and radio are compatible.

I would pull the existing radio out and check the wiring first. Although most radio come with nice adaptor harnesses, there's always a chance that whoever installed it may have cut or spliced into wiring.

Hi
Thank you for the replies
The non standard radio is now out, the wiring and aerial still look to be ok.
I must say I'm confused around what display we have.
It just says Renault not Renaulfsport, and looks more dot matrix than LCD.
Has perhaps someone fitted a none rs display??
I'd like it back to original, but not sure have part numbers given we have no radio to even look at.
Could anyone please give me the rs display part no., And the compatabile radio part no.Co
I can compare to our display and but the right radio.
Thanks

RS monitor part should be: 280347874R. It doesnt work with standard OEM radio with no bluetooth (but the radio itself works, as I mentioned above). The uprated unit with bluetooth should work with it (matrix display). The non matrix display is smaller and with two buttons for time setting. The matrix display doesnt have any buttons.

The second picture is OEM basic unit with standard display with two buttons.

Attachments

• DSC_0016_1.JPG
    DSC_0016_1.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Snímka1057.jpg
    Snímka1057.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: