Roberts Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_McLav

Reaction score
Decided to start a wee project thread for my car. It will be a slow time thread as the misses hates me spending money on my cars as When I start playing with them they don't seam to last long :oops:

Anyway here's some pics

image.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo.jpg

image-1.jpg

nice motor mate, looks good just as it is. may be the rs spoiler, rs rear exhaust box tho?? :)

slim":2zi4voo0 said:
nice motor mate, looks good just as it is. may be the rs spoiler, rs rear exhaust box tho?? :)

Thanks mate. Not gonna change the spoiler as I like this one but I do want to change the exhaust at some point!

So far only mods to the car is the 2 silencers have been cut out, and this arrived in the post yesterday :
image-2.jpg

Now I'm waiting for my hks induction kit so I can measure up and get some pipes to make a custom induction kit.

Rob_McLav":16eai1ly said:
So far only mods to the car is the 2 silencers have been cut out, and this arrived in the post yesterday :
image-2.jpg

Now I'm waiting for my hks induction kit so I can measure up and get some pipes to make a custom induction kit.
whats that box?

It's not fitted yet just was trying spaces it's a oil catch tank. Not a fancy or expensive one but I like it.

Not as much as ud think but a little bit. I recon engine is a little smoother when cold and not as hesitant

Rob_McLav":150yok05 said:
Not as much as ud think but a little bit. I recon engine is a little smoother when cold and not as hesitant

+1 to the running smoother on cold, done it to mine recently, not much of a sound difference in the car, but is a bit louder out of it :D

So got all my bits and finished building up my induction kit. Was a little rushed and not overly happy with the catch tank so at some point it's coming out to be moved as the pipes look ridiculous especially the black one. Overall probably lost a horse or two and wee flat spot at 2k also the kick at 3.5k revs is not really noticble but the noise alone is something else, it makes the car sound like an absolute animal. The noise actually turns heads especially 6-7k you would have to shout to a passenger to speak to them! I'm sure a remap could sort out the lost hp but I'm gonna see if top end is affected when I get the chance on a private road. Anyway looks ill naff but I WILL be sorting it out when possible.

image-3.jpg

Parts used were a 70mm 90ged bend, a 70mm t piece, 80-70mm reducer and induction kit is 200mm with a 80mm neck. Used ash silicone hoses and got bits next day. If u use code ashhoses u get 10-15 percent off too:)

Doesn't look like you would fit anything other than a mushroom filter!

Also I believe the t piece is 25mm spout and with the catch tank having a 15mm or so spout how have you dealt with that?

Looks good that mate! I stuck one in mine the other day and I know what you mean under acceleration the engine roars like a dragon passing a kidney stone!

Maggi the 25mm was a problem so I wrapped the 15mm end with a rubber type tape to bump upits size but really not happy with it so I'm thinking of getting rid of it, getting a redbull can, put it behind the air filter and using the oil line into that and getting rid of the 25mm spout all together as to me the 25mm hose looks horrible.