RS Cup Suspension

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger

Reaction score
I’m new to the forum and I don’t doubt this has been asked before. How would I know if my RS was originally fitted with Cup suspension? I ask originally because looking at the history with the car it’s had new springs and dampers. My next question is what does cup suspension consist of, is it just springs and dampers?

Yes, Cup suspension is just lower (-4 mm I believe) springs, and firmer dampers (marked with purple colour - rear, and orange - front https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...ingo-mk2-rs-cup-dampers-133-renaultsport.html).

Also EU Cup suspension versions (dont mistake with UK Cup version (not just suspension), with rear bench instead of 2 individual seats and other bobs and bits missing) came with 17" inch wheels (see my profile tread for pictures). Also I believe that from VIN it should state what version it is. The suspension parts for cup and non-cup are interchangable, but cup parst, mainly dumpers, are much pricier. So I wouldnt be surprised if someone went from cup to non-cup after dumper failure etc.