RS Exhaust Parts availability

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llllc

Reaction score
Just something of note, not a parts inquiry.

My 2009 RS had rust on the exhaust pipe above/behind the rear axle, a few centimeters before the rear muffler, and the muffler almost fell off. I got it repaired at my usual repair shop, an independent shop that does Renault and other brands. Staff there told me to their (and my) surprise mufflers weren't available anymore through the usual sources.

Has Anyone noticed other parts running out of stock?

Maybe it's local to Germany, where I am. Maybe it doesn't concern people here because everyone runs aftermarket sports exhausts :D

I had to go for aftermarket exhaust due to rust/hole on backbox and OEM not available. Also no avaible is some front steering rack parts, available only as refurbed. If its damaged beyond repair, we are done :(

Just something of note, not a parts inquiry.

My 2009 RS had rust on the exhaust pipe above/behind the rear axle, a few centimeters before the rear muffler, and the muffler almost fell off. I got it repaired at my usual repair shop, an independent shop that does Renault and other brands. Staff there told me to their (and my) surprise mufflers weren't available anymore through the usual sources.

Has Anyone noticed other parts running out of stock?

Maybe it's local to Germany, where I am. Maybe it doesn't concern people here because everyone runs aftermarket sports exhausts :D
I had the same problem with mine (2012 RS) earlier in the year with a spilt resonator,I also went to renault and was also quite surprised that they no longer make them,having said that the salesman did say that a now system would be around £1500 -£1800 which wouldn't have been an option. I had the resonator deleted and its going to be aftermarket all the way from now on in. Supersprint do a nice one not to loud although a bit pricey.

Seeing these posts- I'm glad I didn't bother with Renault OE and just went and bought a scorpion for £314 when my resonator split now! Not manufacturing steering rack parts on a 10-12yo car design is really not a good show...