RS monitor subsequently installed!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you definatelly do not need bluetooth... It is just that the non-bluetooth HU wont display on the new monitor. Monitor itself would still work however...

Hi, I've been in to Yeovil AKS main dealer to see if an RS monitor could be retro fitted into my Wind 1.6vvt which has standard bluetooth and remote audio controls.

The senior tech remembers doing someone's twingo from this forum, but isn't sure if the displays are a common fit as the dash is different in a wind. (I'm hoping the displays are common to all Renault models as producing a different display for each range would be expensive)

My audio matrix display panel is 130mm x 33mm.

Could someone with an RS monitor equipped twingo please measure the display screen and let me know! Also, my radio display also shows the clock time and outside temperature in the top line of the screen. Is the rs monitor twingo the same or does it use another display screen for those items. Eg the digi-speedo (mine is analogue!)

Thanks!

temperature and time are shown on the display itself. The RS display should be the same throughout the range, at least for Clio III RS it is (dont know about Megane)

You all got me intreeged here think I might go pay visit to my local renault and ask a few questions :)

Is there a way i can update my RS monitor, or get it to display fuel consumption? I have a 2009 full fat cup, my friend has a 2013 facelifted RS.
or when i'm playing music through bluetooth, can it somehow show the track info? Artist-Track name?
on the other hand, i think the guy, who i bought the car from (OP in this thread), said, that the electronics (dash) are from a 2010 gordini (if it helps)

fuel consumption - no. On facelift models it is shown at the tacho screen where speed is etc., not on rs display. Dont know about the track info since I use aftermarket head unit...

One stupid question :D
Is it possible to have 2 monitors in same time in Twingo?
I mean ,if I instal RS Monitor , and I want to hold old radio display for radio stations ..and I put old display for radio somewhere under the radio...
Does computer or car support this or is not possible?

I know it's crazy idea :D

Oizo_133":21fgg60t said:
One stupid question :D
Is it possible to have 2 monitors in same time in Twingo?
I mean ,if I instal RS Monitor , and I want to hold old radio display for radio stations ..and I put old display for radio somewhere under the radio...
Does computer or car support this or is not possible?

I know it's crazy idea :D

nope! the way it's wired, it doesn't allow for two way display. what do you expect, it's a renault not a macbook pro :D you could however keep the original display and just get yourself an OBD2 scanguage equivelant piece of kit where you can do your 0-60 times and monitor engine data in real time just like with the RS monitor exept much more in depth :)

scangauge is bad looking "shit" :D hahahah :D

I was wondering if I choose Megan's RS monitor .. Its better "color" that this orange :D

Andddd ... I was today at Renault dealership and discovered that ,the price for RS Monitor went down .. from 171€ to 155€ (I think thats already better price) , and I ordered ... take 2 days from Italy ... (few months back when I asked was 171€ and they sayed 1 week from France)

Hello, im in france and im about to buy a gordini and this monitor rs is a nice plus for this car.

Is it possible to have feebacks from people that succesfully added this option ? From renault retailers ? Were they ok or did you asked someone who had the proper equipment to do it ?

People at Renault have no idea what they do :D
Better that you print on paper that instructions how to do it on a Clip computer and show it to renault people :D

Oizo_133":tezb4lfl said:
People at Renault have no idea what they do :D
Better that you print on paper that instructions how to do it on a Clip computer and show it to renault people :D

yep i got to renault today to get mine installed and seriously without those instructions they had no way where to start :D

Hello.
And today finally I got it too! :arrow: RS Monitor.
Luckly that I had printed on paper this "steps" how to programe it .. they, as usualy had no clue what kind of monitor is that and "why do you want to instal this" and bla bla ..
I said I want to be beside tehnician and tell him how to do it step by step ..

- And : Question for step 5 : Why to "turn radio OFF" ? .. I didnt do that and everything is fine ?!
- And when he programed the monitor was everything in French language and were many empty places for few info there where should be temp.,hp.,brake... etc. and i we couldnt do it more ... It stuck. Then he has restart the program and he made English languge and in one second all data were there ... If some one had that problem.
And tehnician has also discovered that you can also move "outside temperature" from display to speedometer panel left, there where are kilometers/miles shown... (my sensor is "dead" and waiting for a new one) and showing only --°C , and I dont know if it will be also in same time on RS monitor aswel ... when i instal new sensor i will tell .

Attachments

• 2014-01-29 08.25.55.jpg
    2014-01-29 08.25.55.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 17,834
  • 2014-01-29 08.25.40.jpg
    2014-01-29 08.25.40.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 17,834
  • 2014-01-29 08.16.03.jpg
    2014-01-29 08.16.03.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 17,834