RS160 - Twingo Gordini #159

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weebob":1gcqwx2k said:
I like them.
So do I although the rally look is also reflected in the amount of crap thats covering the poor thing at the moment.

Now shod with 195/55/15 BFG winter tyres >link< which are virtualy the same diameter as the 205/40/17 and clear the bodywork nicely. They weren't my first choice of the Michelin Alpin A4, but they had no expected date for coming into stock. Having been happy with BFG for the last 4 years, and them being owned by Michelin, it was worth a go. Bring on the snow :cool:

Pics sometime after a good wash, as it's embarasing at the moment :oops:

I love em, 15' alloys do look great.

My dads shogun has BFG AT on i no not the same as car tyres but they are awesome.

Ollie133cup":1kcy09ou said:
I love em, 15' alloys do look great.

My dads shogun has BFG AT on i no not the same as car tyres but they are awesome.
I don't think the BFG road tyres are quite as cutting edge as the the likes of Goodyear F1 asymetrics, Conti CS3 or Michelin pilots but the technology from Michelin filters down to BFG and they did a lot of testing in the North of Scotland a few years back. However the tyres on the cup alloys have done nearly 9K miles and have plenty of tread left, handle reasonably well in the wet and dry but cost 70% of the premium tyres, which is why I have used them for ages ;)

6288696238_b0e4af0a8e_b_d.jpg

6288700464_981488a3f6_b_d.jpg

6288182315_d5295e730b_b_d.jpg

Speedline 2118. 7x15 ET43 4x100PCD and center bore 60.1mm
Tyres 195/55/15 which are virtualy the same size as 205/40/17 (195/50/15 would also work and be the same size as 195/40/17)

I haven't done any real mileage or spirited driving on them as yet to make comparisons about how they handle... Although,these are good quality winter tyres, they are not performance tyres so comparisons are rather irelevent. However the ride is much smoother over rough roads and potholes and they are actualy quieter than the summer tyres.

Although they look small on the car I love the purposeful look of them! Top marks haha

Alex_225":7gipibbw said:
Although they look small on the car I love the purposeful look of them! Top marks haha
there not small. IMO, it's only the trend of bigger and bigger wheels which has led to consumer pressure for the small cars having wheels which are now more looks than function

BMC cleaning kit ready for washing the air filter out tonight.

Some of Zebedee's friends from Apex were lurking in the box :) Boing