Short shifter?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1tch

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2007 Clio 1.2 TCE 100, the same engine as the Twingo GT, I believe it is fitted with a JH3 gearbox (the later TCE engines would be different), I believe the Twingo GT also runs a JH3 box as my guess is that its simply the same engine and gearbox combo dropped into the Twingo vs the Clio.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any short shifters at all? All I can find are for the Renault sport models or the Mk1/Mk2 JB/JC gearboxes, can't find anything for the JH3 box.

Are there any known mods that can be done to not actually need to retrofit a different linkage at either the shifter or gearbox end? I think I did see a listing for a short shifter saying it was for a mk2 Clio but also included years compatible up until 2009 so might be backwards compatible with the Mk2 Clio?

It makes sense for it to be backwards compatible with a Mk2 clio as the 1.2 TCE 100 engine is essentially a normally aspirated D4F 1.2 bottom end from the early 2000s with a 16V head and turbo on it before a brand new design in 2009.

Just wondering if anyone had tried fitting a Mk 2 Clio shifter or if there is something simple I can do? Looks like the Mk2 Megane was also fitted with the JH3 gearbox.