Splitter

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordini_133

Reaction score
Im thinking of putting a front splitter on my twingo gordini, i think it will add alot of downforce, i know alot about aerodynamics, got some ideas to make the car handle better around the track, but im struggling to find a company that can make one or sell one for smaller cars, all i see is splitters for cars like nissan gtr, aston martin etc, if anyone knows a company, ill very much appreciate it.

wouldn't you need a large suspension drop to make the presure differential work? Have you calculated the size of splitter and pressures across it?

I have thought about making one, but figured it would only be cosmetic unless I built in some brake ducts

Prabmire was selling one in the sales section, not sure if waity ever cane through with buying it!

Im also not sure if a splitter would make much difference to downforce, I think it would just look good rather than actually do anything.

if i got one, i would lower the car, make the suspension even harder, make it solely for the track. I wouldnt make one myself lol thats why i need to find a company that sell's one or can make one. It would make a good amount of difference to downforce, and also, would remove the wing, and add a track wing on it. I want to be able to just fit the parts on, (so custom made) so i can put the original parts back on when i sell the car

The 1*2's always looked good with say the cup splitter, because the front end didn't really have alot going on. On the twingo, the front edge of the bumper juts out either side of the grill. So any splitter will make that look really odd without incorporating it into the splitter. Which then gets into the realms of barry boys body kits. IMO of course

suppose. A mate of mine has a seat bocunegra (or however you spell it) and he got a seat tuning company to make parts that bolt on (easy to take off) for when he goes onto the track, hes got a splitter, diffuser, sing, skirts, and all those take about half hour to put on for him, thats kinda the thing i want to do, so when i go on the track, i can transform the car within an hour to make it better on the track, but im not really sure im going to find a company that will do it, or if i do, it will cost a fortune

maggi112":2bmj2mjx said:
On the twingo, the front edge of the bumper juts out either side of the grill. So any splitter will make that look really odd without incorporating it into the splitter.
so a lot of work and materials making up a pattern on the car, then taking a mould and then moulding the splitter...

exactly....thats why i wish there was a splitter out there! i just love the car so much, i would love to have it as a track car, have some bolt on parts, would be amazing, i dont want to permanently change the car, just when i go to the track, but one can dream ay!!

I think about any carbon and polyester body shop can make such, won't be cheap though! And fitment quality could be a nightmare, but maybe you find something or someone on https://www.racecarsforsale.net/?
Oh a mate of mine put an RS500 splitter on his Sierra RS Cosworth and found the car to be much more stable on high speeds, but of course that is probably wind tunnel tested...

as said before carbon mods and get yourself to a body shop. or put car on axel stands and rest splitter underneath to get design needed. just clicked through a clio blog an hour ago with a track clio having a mocked up one made.

in middle of page
https://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?437730-Chrispy-s-ITB-d-amp-Caged-182-Track-Car/page82

if you can make one that covers a lot underneath he better. even if you kept the stock one and made a tray for the rest of the underside it'll have an effect at high speed

i actually really like that, only trouble is, fitting it yourself with screws, you could be screwing it into part of the body and making that part weaker because you have screwed into it....gonna look into it a bit more, but still really want one, will defo make a difference when going round a track

i think he used the current mounting points of the old splitter to mount the new one. also most carb splitters come with support rob

Courtney":2gpeyui0 said:
Prabmire was selling one in the sales section, not sure if waity ever cane through with buying it!

:eek: I have bought it just had a few problems with a poorly twingo that had to be sorted out!

I guess I can bring this thread back alive and ask if fitting a splitter for cosmetic reasons would be daft? I'm clueless about aerodynamics but I think that they look pretty damn cool :D

oh well that's alright then I think I'll have butchers at these universal jobbies then do you know of anyone who's fitted one before?

LCplParks":1g09bhdb said:
oh well that's alright then I think I'll have butchers at these universal jobbies then do you know of anyone who's fitted one before?

I bought a Laguna splitter which fitted very well! Don't have any pictures as my mate offered me £40 to put it on his fiesta so it only lasted about 20 minutes :lol:

Oh really? as in a renault laguna? sorry for the bone question just trying to make sure