Spring colour codes

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreddy

Reaction score
Does anyone know the spring colour codes? I had a search on here and can only find codes for cup chassis springs. I'm after colour codes for standard springs.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

I'm a bit confused how people order replacement springs. I've read a few have snapped. Rang Renault Parts and they asked me to check a friends car to see the colour code? Is this normal?

If you ring your local renault dealer they should be able to do an ICM check on it and tell you exactly what it came out of the factory with. Whether it had standard springs or the extra option cup pack springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martins Renault Basingstoke say no way too look it up. Has anyone managed to do this?

There are two types - cup and "non-cup". Cup springs have a purple dot on them, the standard springs don't. Cup springs are a fair bit firmer.

Fish brothers Renault say there are about 20 springs, all with different colours codes. I just want non-cup springs. They have a colour, but no one, including Renault main dealers and Renault uk can tell me what colour code they should have. WTF??!

Talked to Chris, same story, need to give them colour codes.
Can anyone poke their head under their car and have a look for me?
Non-cup is what I want.

I have a broken spring.......computer says over 20 types of spring...I have orange/yellow...
not listed..! closest is orange/yellow/violet.....
obviously this is to do with spring rating.....soft to hard
why so many.....?
does anybody have a list of what colour does what?

has anyone ever managed to work out what the dot colourings are meant to be on the standard RS (non cup) front and rear springs? trying to get to the bottom of this once and for all to help customers, but there seems to be no information out there, and is difficult without a car to look at ourselves

my hunch is that it is a yellow dot on the rear spring and orange, yellow and violet dots on the front, but it would be great if could confirm this..

for reference these are all the colour combinations renault list..

Front spring colours:
mid green or white / mid green
white / mid red
white / violet
white / yellow
white / pink
white / orange
white
white / mid blue
white / mid brown
orange / yellow / violet
orange / violet

Rear spring colours:
mid blue
white
mid-red
yellow
mid brown
violet

actually it now looks like the spring option originally marked as orange / yellow / violet on their system is now showing on there as Light orange colour / Yellow colour which tallies up with post above..