Standard springs and wishbones.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreddy

Reaction score
Just bought my first twingo 133 after deciding my 205 shouldn't be a daily drive.

Car has 34k on it and I think it should feel sharper. There's also a slight knock when I give the steering a wiggle.

I'm looking for replacement wishbones, as that's where I think the problem lies. Anyone know where I can get hold of some? Had a good search but links were dead.

I'm also after replacement springs. I think mine may have been lowered and the drivers side looks to be slightly lower. Not interested in anything lowered as this is a daily driver, but again, struggling to find springs.

I'll also do dampers and top mounts, but OEM. I think Kamracing can sort me out with those.

Welcome along! What makes you think it’s a wishbone problem? I think all those parts will be from renault really. There’s a guy who runs RPD (renault parts direct) google them and they should be able to help you also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
I just read that wishbone bushes are prone to wear. Equaly it could be track rods (one done for recent mot) or play in the rack. Struggling to think what might cause knocking when the wheel is wiggled. I'm happy enough to replace all wearing suspension parts up front to get it feeling factory fresh. May as well do it in one go whilst I've got it apart.

That’s true but no need to spend money for no reason! I’d get it up on a ramp or jacked up and give it a good wiggle with someone else listening to the sound. Get a lever bar in the wishbone to check for any play. I’ve got an ATL MOT ramp, with shaker plates so makes finding noises pretty easy ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what colour dots should be on standard 133 springs? Tried a search, but not finding it. Don't want cup springs. Cheers.