Steve-o Progress Thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve-o

Reaction score
As promised ;)

First thing done by me [and anyone!] was get a front mount intercooler fitted to help cooling

Twingo2.jpg

Twingo1.jpg

Second was getting a remap, involved travelling to Ipswich [!] and getting it live mapped by Chip Tuners, made one hell of a difference.

Next to be fitted was a dump valve, with manifold pressures of 25psi, I got a Bailey Dump valve that was rated with this pressure at the lower end to prevent venting. Looks good and sounds great!

S5003713.jpg

As it went faster it needed to brake faster, so on went Brembo Max discs and Greenstuff Pads
DSC01407.jpg

Next was lowering and wheels. Went with 40mm Spax springs and Kei Force 10 17" wheels in gunmetal grey with 20mm spacers at the front and 25mm[!] at the rear. Improved the handling A LOT!
DSC01491.jpg

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

SDC14213.jpg

Moved onto the interior with a love it or hate it TV/radio set up [essential for Birmingham traffic jams ;)] and a Scanguage 2 so I could keep an eye on things!

DSC01394.jpg

Now onto seats, these retrimmed beautys from a Fiesta RS turbo look good!

newseats3.jpg

Newseats.jpg

Seat frames are expensive for this car and dont like universal ones that i got sent so got my money back, so I made my own! 8 lengths of steel and some custom spacers.

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00004-1.jpg

Add some back sub box style carpet

DSC00012-1.jpg

Using

DSC00013.jpg

And you have some seat subframes

DSC00015-1.jpg

Seats in the car

DSC00004-2.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00002-1.jpg

Picture of intake. Pipe is 2 ply with silicone layer on outside, filter is BMC CDA

Filter.jpg

photo.jpg

Views/Comments/Opinions welcome

Lots more planned, including exhaust, injectors, boost controller and another remap! Will update soon!

No idea Jake! Not been to a rolling road. The bloke who did the map said a Clio 1.2 tce he had done with the same map produced 135bhp on the rollers. Plus that Clio didnt have an intercooler or exhaust done. Id love to get it rolling roaded to see whats what. I have had the better of many a Fiesta ST if that helps!

Steve-o":dj8i4umi said:
No idea Jake! Not been to a rolling road. The bloke who did the map said a Clio 1.2 tce he had done with the same map produced 135bhp on the rollers. Plus that Clio didnt have an intercooler or exhaust done. Id love to get it rolling roaded to see whats what. I have had the better of many a Fiesta ST if that helps!

Get it on the rollers we need to see what the bad boy is running :)

Lol - whats a Fiesta ST 150bhp ish? Also quite a bit heavier and in a straight line I do pull away a bit

Steve-o":d1rnrwrf said:
Lol - whats a Fiesta ST 150bhp ish? Also quite a bit heavier and in a straight line I do pull away a bit

It isnt all about power though it also down to weight aswell

True. I will find a rolling road once the 182 injectors are in and map

Pretty easy to do Dazza, front bumper off and a universal fitting kit. Fiddly bit is the piping to the inlet manifold.

are u planning on changing ur turbo??or have u already??

why are u changing injectors?

Injectors are at max duty cycle. 182 ones flow more. Turbo is in the plans for the future

Great work with the seats mate - good times hey building custom set ups?! Never though of using carpet on my frames but then again my seats are "race" ones where as your seats are "luxury" if that makes sense lol

I know what you mean, that was my intention. I have a back problem so wanted something supportive but comfortable didn't want all out race in my everyday car. Might redo carpeting when I get a free weekend

Steve-o":9l1qkbmx said:
Pretty easy to do Dazza, front bumper off and a universal fitting kit. Fiddly bit is the piping to the inlet manifold.
Yeah mite have to look into that steve. R the seats from a fiesta turbo or a cozzie

Fiesta RS Turbo and retrimmed. Smell like an expensive handbag [according to the Mrs!]

Haha! I'd need even bigger injectors with that much air going in! Would be immense as a twin turbo set up with the original, horrific lag with just that massive one!