Steve-o Progress Thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve-o":2jlieajr said:
Cars up on the ramp tomorrow to have wheels changed and tracking done. Will get some better pics of the exhaust while it's up there! Any other picture requests?
Put a vid up of the xzorst sound :D

Better exhaust pics, from down pipe to silencer/backbox

DSC00003-1.jpg

DSC00004-2.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

very nice. such a nice long piece of metal dieing to but cut out and replaced with titanium. so tempted to do the same with mine but keep back box as there too expenisve Ti :(

Just fitted a gizzmo electronic boost controller. Well worth the investment in my opinion, can set the car up just how you like and the delivery is so much better, instant and solid at 11.5 psi

i always get confused with psi as im used to hearing bar . hehe
sounds good mate, get induction sorted?

hey steve-o any chance of doing a "How To" for the boost controller??, and also where did you get your exhaust done?? and how much???

Just in the middle of writing one mate, will put it up asap. Exhaust was done by a custom place in Birmingham. I'll find his number for you.

Quick pics of adjustable shocks. Will get some 'on car pics' soon

New stuff :) (quick camera pics)

95fe3310-7c50-babb.jpg

95fe3310-7c60-bcd2.jpg

95fe3310-7c74-d198.jpg

95fe3310-7c8e-9983.jpg

95fe3310-7ca5-2eab.jpg

hi steve, is it worth putting a bmc closed induction kit on my gt or just sticking with my bmc panel filter?

Just spotted this thread! See this car quite a lot, sounds like a beast! Love the seats too!

Can you post a pic of how the fmic is hosed up? Have you gone behind the rad? I have looked and it seems a bit tight... Looks awesome though definitely got some inspiration from this!

scottmainwaring01":1voadfbd said:
Can you post a pic of how the fmic is hosed up? Have you gone behind the rad? I have looked and it seems a bit tight... Looks awesome though definitely got some inspiration from this!
Steve-o dosen't come on here anymore mate jjay has his gt now

Steve-o":1q0x9wxg said:
As promised ;)

First thing done by me [and anyone!] was get a front mount intercooler fitted to help cooling

Twingo2.jpg

Twingo1.jpg

Second was getting a remap, involved travelling to Ipswich [!] and getting it live mapped by Chip Tuners, made one hell of a difference.

Next to be fitted was a dump valve, with manifold pressures of 25psi, I got a Bailey Dump valve that was rated with this pressure at the lower end to prevent venting. Looks good and sounds great!

S5003713.jpg

As it went faster it needed to brake faster, so on went Brembo Max discs and Greenstuff Pads
DSC01407.jpg

Next was lowering and wheels. Went with 40mm Spax springs and Kei Force 10 17" wheels in gunmetal grey with 20mm spacers at the front and 25mm[!] at the rear. Improved the handling A LOT!
DSC01491.jpg

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

SDC14213.jpg

Moved onto the interior with a love it or hate it TV/radio set up [essential for Birmingham traffic jams ;)] and a Scanguage 2 so I could keep an eye on things!

DSC01394.jpg

Now onto seats, these retrimmed beautys from a Fiesta RS turbo look good!

newseats3.jpg

Newseats.jpg

Seat frames are expensive for this car and dont like universal ones that i got sent so got my money back, so I made my own! 8 lengths of steel and some custom spacers.

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00004-1.jpg

Add some back sub box style carpet

DSC00012-1.jpg

Using

DSC00013.jpg

And you have some seat subframes

DSC00015-1.jpg

Seats in the car

DSC00004-2.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00002-1.jpg

Picture of intake. Pipe is 2 ply with silicone layer on outside, filter is BMC CDA

Filter.jpg

photo.jpg

Views/Comments/Opinions welcome

Lots more planned, including exhaust, injectors, boost controller and another remap! Will update soon!

Is this a double din radio or like 1 and a half?
I like the look of these rather than a single din, but I think a double would be too big?

interested in this scangauge 2 .... wheres the cable to the port threaded ?
also is this plugged in the port 24/7 ?

thanks