stone chip

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holliedynamique

Reaction score
Hey everyone, sadly my car has got its first stone chip, its quite deep and is completely down to the black plastic, just wondered why on a white car the undercoat or plastic is always black, as my C1 under the black paint was white! Do they do this to make the chips stand out?

Need to get a touch up stick now :cry:

if its that far down, i wouldnt recommend a touch up stick. i did it with my red car and its stuck out like a sore thumb, it was even more noticable than the chip and i had to get the front bumper resprayed.

My cars covered in stone chips now and they arent noticable unless you are close up and its thanks to constant motorway driving ive got them.

Its not too deep in terms of running my finger over it but its on the plastic and when the cars white and the plastic underneath is black it does stick out :cry: getting a quote for renault to respray my alloys black so may ask, thank u

Where are you?

I've dnoe several stone chips on various cars before successfully. Immediately it doesn't look better, it takes a little wet sanding to get it looking right again

Ive heard of people using really fine brushes dropping a drop in the chip then going over it 30 mins later with a machine polish. Ive never tryed it myself

Twingogeekeo":3b48jpng said:
Ive heard of people using really fine brushes dropping a drop in the chip then going over it 30 mins later with a machine polish. Ive never tryed it myself

Cocktail stick works. get a drop on the tip and then apply to the chip, build up a couple of layers, leaving the new paint proud of the original as it will shrink back whilst drying. 1 hour later, 2000 grit wet sand flush then polish out the sanding marks.

If you're careful with a touch up pen, depending on where it is it'll take the edge off it.

I used a touch up pen on my silver Lupo where it's 38k before I got it had chipped the paint in a few places. Silver touch up stopped them standing out although wasn't a perfect fix.

I had a scratch mark on my door, someone had shopping-trolley'd it. Came out with some t-cut and elbow grease. Now you can't tell it was ever there.

My misses clio had a few scratches on it when i clayed it the other week nothing the machine polisher didnt sort out :)