Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some photos.

image_3.jpg

image_2.jpg

I had to replace mine today. I bought them from the buddy that sells the ball joints alone.

The new parts seem to be fine. However, taking out the old ball joints was a PAIN in the a**. First of all, my old balljoints did not have the 10 mm holes as the new ones, so the "tool" that I made was readjusted. Then I went with many different techniques:

- Using the 4 holes on the rear and turning while arms were on auto. Didnt work
- Took the arms outside, using the 4 holes on the thing, didnt work.
- Heated the part and used the 4 holes, didnt work

I had to cut the joint parallel to the machined surface on the arms, take the rest of the ball out, make the 4 holes as big as possible and make a hole on the geometric center of them, weld a 25 mm nut on the rest of the joint (on the machined surface of the arms) and the hold it fest on the vice (just after welding)! then turning.

After that they did give up. However I damaged most of the thread on the arms. I will be ordering new arms with joints. Until then it is just waiting. Now I've spent 160 Euros for the rent of the workshop (hourly), 100 Euros for the balljoints and now I still need to order new arms!

Sooo pissed!

I hope it goes better with u guys.... mine is a 2008.

The best way is to buy new arms from twingo R1 catalog. Price is around 145 euros per unit.
Same part but without warranty. But don't care, in 2 years will be dead too ^^

Right arm Renault sport R1 : ref. 77 11 162 826
Left arm Renault sport R1 : ref. 77 11 162 825

my passenger side has gone, £153 supplied price.... so managed to snag a pair from a breaker for lower than RUK wanted for one. Will see how the joints are on the breakers arms and just whack them on the car, then get the joints changed on the spares.

TheOnePC":3aemprsn said:
Here they are my new lower arms.
Codes:
from Renault Sport Twingo R2 Evo catalog.
Total 295€
ute8ahub.jpg

mavyguqu.jpg

yjyha4es.jpg

Just received my arms from the scrappies and they have the same number on them as these, and the ball joints are in excellent condition.

Hi everybody.
I can buy a new ball joints from a guy from this forum for 108 € or whole used wishbone with the mileage of 12 000 kilometers for ~185 € or buy new wishbones from Renault for ~319 €.

If you say that this eleement is so weak I think I'll change dust covers on new or used ball joints just for sure.

davie0146":q6wdbb21 said:
https://www.balljointboots.co.uk/ball-joint-boots.html

just ordered a couple of pairs for when I refurb the existing ball joints, and the ones from the scrappies.
Which one will fit ball joint of the Twingo RS? Boot 3 or 4?

Because I have problem with car pulling on right even after suspension geometry, and now I saw that for some reason my front tires are eaten from inside I think I'll change whole wishbones, question is new or used...? :|

BTW Used one are from car after arson not accident...

I am struggling to find these readily available anywhwew also, but gonna go for new arms on both sides i think, people who still run oem 17" 133 wheels i feel the wheel weight and small tyre profile have a massive impact on the life of your balljoints also as its extra load on suspension parts.

£133 each from Renault now so the price seems to be better than it once was.