The Twins' Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twins go

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thought I'd start a project thread to keep track of the plans we have for our car.
It's a 2010 RS 133, full fat with the cup chassis.

What we have done do far and what's planned:

Interior:

Done
- Renault Sport Mats (Car came with no mats at all!!!)
- Renault Sport Gearknob and gaiter
- Renault Sport Handbrake and gaiter
- Parrot Bluetooth Kit

Planned
- New headunit and speakers

Exterior

Done
- Remove Arnold Clark and Eco stickers on rear screen
- Fit better headlight bulbs (OSRAM Nightbreakers)
- De-amber indicators all round and fit LEDs in all other lights

Planned
- Wrap number plate mount in gloss black
- Wrap roof in gloss black
- Wrap Renault badges in gloss black
- Remove the "go" from the "Twingo" badge to make it say "Twin"
- Fit Wind Deflectors
- Paint break callipers

Engine & Performance

Done
- Remove Airbox Bung (if that counts!)

Planned
- New panel filter
- Twingo R1 exhaust
- Paint engine cover

There will of course be a lot of other things that will happen as well but these plans will get us started :)
First thing first though will be a good clean and wax as the car is FILTHY!!!
More pictures to follow this wash...

I'm liking the last line on your exterior plans. Maybe bring that to the top of the list :lol:

singlespeed":c07v506n said:
I'm liking the last line on your exterior plans. Maybe bring that to the top of the list :lol:

Haha yeah, The arnold clark sticker has now been removed!

Not giving that bunch a free advertising spot!

Also forgot to mention adding some twingo133.net stickers as well ;)

manofhow":3nqw3nwm said:
you forgot twingo cup spoiler :)

Going to have a wee look at that just now ;)

Friedchicken91":3nqw3nwm said:
Also forgot to mention adding some twingo133.net stickers as well ;)

Absolutely, how could we forget! Top priority!

singlespeed":24vaqp85 said:
You'll be pleased to know my eco2 sticker is still firmly in place. :twisted:

Didge3":1dobl1j4 said:
singlespeed":1dobl1j4 said:

Someone told me removing it adds 50hp so well worth it.....;)

On the subject of removal, got rid of the dastardly air box bung yesterday, makes such an incredible difference to the noise! Now for an uprated filter to really capitalise... :D

Twins go":226jkywx said:
Didge3":226jkywx said:
singlespeed":226jkywx said:

Someone told me removing it adds 50hp so well worth it.....;)

On the subject of removal, got rid of the dastardly air box bung yesterday, makes such an incredible difference to the noise! Now for an uprated filter to really capitalise... :D
Not worth the extra power if leaving it on annoys every member on here :lol:

Also define what you mean by this so called 'air box bung', so desperate to make my GT sound less naff but can't be affording new exhaust just yet.

Eco2 sticker stands for "wish I could afford a renault Zoe"
Air box bung is on 133 and I don't think it's on the gt's but I may stand corrected

Friedchicken91":32282t0o said:
Air box bung is on 133 and I don't think it's on the gt's but I may stand corrected
Ah yes forgot this is a thread for a 133, I very much doubt the GT has such a thing in its rubbish looking airbox.
I love my eco2 sticker ;)

Friedchicken91":3bsnh2dg said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The air box bung fills some holes on the engine side of the air box on the 133 - I'm not sure if the GT also has it but I'm sure you'll be able to have a look. This is what it's like:

20140224_174722_zps9a817233.jpg

Dom, the gt doesn't have one as the turbocharger acts as an induction resonator naturally :)

oscar":u67d1y8e said:
Dom, the gt doesn't have one as the turbocharger acts as an induction resonator naturally :)
Damn there goes my hopes of quickly making it sound better...
I was trying to remove the recirc pipe from the dump valve and plug it up but couldn't get the damn thing off and it started to rain so another time....

Sorry for completely trashing your project thread by the way... :roll:

Didge3":vslu8syt said:
oscar":vslu8syt said:
Damn there goes my hopes of quickly making it sound better...
I was trying to remove the recirc pipe from the dump valve and plug it up but couldn't get the damn thing off and it started to rain so another time....

Sorry for completely trashing your project thread by the way... :roll:

Well when you come to your senses, and buy a 133, you know exactly what to do ;)

Quick update. Ran out in the rain today to change all the indicator bulbs for chrome ones - the fried egg look was annoying us! Looks so much better now, especially the fronts:

DSCF4052_zps83b11590.jpg

Also fitted LED boot, interior and sidelights. Headlights are next to get attention and we've got some interior mods coming over the next few days......

Gives such a clean look with silver indicator bulbs. What interior mods you doing?

Interior-wise we've got a RS gear knob and handbrake cover coming as well as a handbrake gaiter that's been made to pretty much match the RS one. Should hopefully arrive tomorrow so can get some pictures up!

Lovely interior changes today, namely gear knob, handbrake and respective gaiters.

Cheers to Sharpy36 for swapping us for them!!

Will get a cheeky picture up later!

So our gear knob and handbrake arrived today, fitted straight away. Looks and feels amazing! Also fitted our custom handbrake gaiter (thanks to topgaiters on eBay who made it in alcantara for us).

20140304_160833_zpsfd2d03ee.jpg