Toyo T1-R demon tweeks bargain!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
200 a set for 17s before too, considering putting a set on mine

Im after a new set of tyres. These ok on standard gt wheels (no idea on size etc)!!

Mate get some there seriously good tyres they may not last as long as other brands but you'll be happy with ther performance from them I think proper grippy

m4nn13":gniygfay said:
Im after a new set of tyres. These ok on standard gt wheels (no idea on size etc)!!

tyre_size.jpg

instead of explaining what say 205/55/19 would mean on a tyre, the above image will make you understand it.

speed rating = the highest speed that said tyre can handle.
load index = how much weight the tyres can carry.

when looking at alloy wheels (rims) you will see 6J 6.5J 7J upto 12J or even more sometimes. the number in this case indicates the width of your alloy wheel. in the twingo gt's case, this is 6.5J and the stock tyre you'll require for that is 185/55/15. there are approximately 25mm in an inch, 6x25 = 150 so the tyre provides 1/4 of an inch or so protection on each side which keeps your wheels from kerb damage etc.

Ive got avon zx something or others on at the mo which have lasted forever! Not sure whether to go for these again as they do a great job! Argh decisions decisions!

m4nn13":11sdwt5z said:
Ive got avon zx something or others on at the mo which have lasted forever! Not sure whether to go for these again as they do a great job! Argh decisions decisions!

For the price there selling them at it's a good deal!

avon are good budget tyres but really that's all they are, just ever so slightly below the threshold where you could call them a premium tyre! quite good though, i used to run a set when i was skint and done me a good 20k miles solidly down to 2mm before i changed them

Even my dad swears by Toyos

Not great for wear though, if you're a big distance motorway driver etc which I doubt anyone here is

LC":thsvykco said:
Even my dad swears by Toyos

Not great for wear though, if you're a big distance motorway driver etc which I doubt anyone here is

What would you call big distance? 36k in 18 months? :roll:

I've had a set of Prada Spec 2's last 25k so I'm hoping near the same for the Toyos that are now on the TD's

As above, they are a very soft compound, that's why they stick like glue

And the Spec 2's are a very soft compound and I got 25k of motorway miles on them...

I picked up 4 of these in 205/17/40. Have done about 1k miles on them so far and they seem pretty decent in the dry but they seem to let go easily in the wet.