TripleJay's Red Mosquito

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleJay

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Today is a big day for me, since I visited a Renault dealer about 44km away from my hometown and signed an order and paid deposit for Twingo RS + Cup chassis in capiscum red. Estimated delivery is on the end of July, but hopefully, it'll be far sooner :) Can't wait, really :D

If anyone would be interested, I could post some details about price and discounts I managed with that particular dealer, since I had been in contact with two dealers trying to get the best discount possible... :cool:

EDIT: U just received a call from my dealer, that he managed to get "my" Twingo into May's production, so it should be at home in the middle of the June. Hurraaaay :p :p :p

Welcome to the Club :)

Yeah you should post up the details, always good to see what people have managed to get!

Allright, here we go: Offical start up price for Twingo RS in Slovakia is 13.490,- €. I've added only Cup chassis, which is 550,- €, so the full price should be 14.040,- €. After few personal visits and communication via email, I ended up with 11% off from the price (12.490,- €), 10% discount on servicing, 5% discount on spare parts and accesories and I got DefendLock for free (manual blockage of gearshift). Im quite happy with that, since at first the max I would get was 7% off...

Today I received an email from my dealer with some attachment...
Sn%2525C3%2525ADmka1050..jpg

Sn%2525C3%2525ADmka1051..jpg

Sn%2525C3%2525ADmka1052..jpg

Omg, how am i supposed to work a whole week knowing it waits for me just about 60 miles away :evil:

Looks awesome. Bet you're bouncing around with excitement now.

exactly, i am bouncing and not working whole day :lol: i am sooo not gonna be employee of the month :mrgreen:

if everything goes well, i will pick it up on saturday, since some paperwork need to arrive first... cant wait :p

yeah, my original date of delivery was end of July as well... But dealer managed to put it into May production and the estimated delivery changed to end of June. So its arrived more than 10 days earlier than it should, I am very happy about that :) I wish you painless waiting, I know the feeling :roll:

Some more photos from the dealer, he is really pissing me off with sending them on the one hand, but on the other i luff looking at it :roll: :lol:
Sn%2525C3%2525ADmka1054.jpg

Sn%2525C3%2525ADmka1055.jpg

Sn%2525C3%2525ADmka1056.jpg

Sn%2525C3%2525ADmka1057.jpg

Sn%2525C3%2525ADmka1058.jpg

Looks pretty awesome. Hope the remaining countdown goes by very quickly for you

cheers, hopefully just 4 nights to go and I will rev the engine :twisted: (of course peacefully for the first 900 miles or so :mrgreen: )

I was waiting for mine from late march (20ish or smth) to 6 june (at first it was expected at the end of july too), got to the dealer on 2nd june for documents required for registration, and had to wait 4 days before I was able to sit in it. It was 4 veeeeeeeeeeeeery long days....now it has about 250miles, 550 to go, it's so revvy and I can't take it to 7k RPM... running in is _torture_...
But handling is great, so agile - I have standard, not cup version, I can imagine how well that one handles* - and handling doesn't need that much running in ;P.
And brakes... almost teared my face off ;]
I wish I had more time to run it in quicker.

*our roads sucks, having cup would be a torture too...for my back ;]