turbo my EXTREME!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twingo16

Reaction score
hiya in time i really want to go all out with my extreme i want to stick a turbo on it but a little bigger then the gt one i wanted to know what sorta things to start with to start making my engine a little bit faster and ideas :D

Ollie133cup":2wqrtuy9 said:
Y not get a GT and put a bigger turbo on ?
+1. Or a clio 182 engine is only £500/600. Street sleeper lol

Breathing mods etc. Significant/worthwhile gains on an N/A car is expensive, I spent £800 on my old BMW to get ~35 bhp and that was impressive! Gotta love turbos ;)

If you've got the £6/7k plus, go for it. But if I had that money, I wouldn't bother.

You can fit the F4R lump in, again, if you have the money to do so. Some crazy German whacked the F4R-T in a Twingo, but the build cost was like £30k or something like that.

Get an extra years no claims, spend the £6/7k on a 197 ;)

As said, apart from breathing mods and basic engine tinkering (porting), you won't see much into double digits in terms of bhp increase :( :(

talking with the old man about 133 having a 1*2 lump and thought the 133 should of had the 1.4tec engine in there.
looking at this site;
https://paultan.org/2008/09/10/renault-nissan-turbocharged-14-liter-h4jt-engine/
its very tempting to drop this instead of turboing the 133 or 1*2 lump. 130bhp off the bat, GT got 130 but could get 140 if it wasnt for the clutch, 30 bhp increase. add that roughly as a guide to the 1.4 and you'll have 160 with basic stage one mods and remap but with an easier base to increase power cheaper then the 1*2 lumps.
anyone thought about this route? like the 1*2 you'd need to get the whole package with gearbox etc but i cant find info if it runs off the 1.2 clutch, gearbox set up or 1.6's

Learn how to drive.
A good driver in a slow car will be faster than a bad driver in a fast car.

Mr_Ben":zj36ly1t said:
Learn how to drive.

Ben does have a point, it's relative obviously, your Twingo won't be hunting down a Megane 250 but learning car control and best lines etc will make you go quicker. I love driving under powered cars like my mrs 1.2 fiesta, u have to think further ahead, use the gearbox loads and ring it's neck. When I get it right in that it's really rewarding!

Steve-o":1a5dnv3z said:
Mr_Ben":1a5dnv3z said:
Learn how to drive.

Ben does have a point, it's relative obviously, your Twingo won't be hunting down a Megane 250 but learning car control and best lines etc will make you go quicker. I love driving under powered cars like my mrs 1.2 fiesta, u have to think further ahead, use the gearbox loads and ring it's neck. When I get it right in that it's really rewarding!

indeed ! as from past expieareance and on driveing games and on the road it pays of to know your lines and for a christmas pressy i been round castle comb track and actuly thrashing there cars round the track and getting extra tips from the guy next to me how to improve them its great :p was a enjoyable day came home feeling that i have actuly lernt a bit more on how to take a corner properly) and a thew weeks later there was a chave in a corsa thought he would kill me up this lovely windy road by my house he was takeing the corners so wide! so what did i do take them properly and was up his rear and then i had my 1.1i saxo :lol:. and now come across many younguns like that now in the 133 they think they can kill me on moast corners and round abouts the ammount of acidents i seen with cars in the headges were they dont make the roundabouts round hear is suppriseing.

Jeez and I thought Karls spelling was shit....... :shock:

And Steve - you'd think but cast your mind back to a certain top gear episode with the Twingo vs the 300zx, Porsche and Capri that was massively under powered and it wiped the floor with them.

It's nowt to be proud of it I gave up reading it you could have had a point but I'll never know (or care)

I'm agreeing with you Ben! Those knackered cars probably only had the same power as the Twingo anyway ;) Or even if they did have a bit more, tired suspension and brakes would have let them down in comparison to a modern 'warm' hatch