Turbo time

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any updates?
How did the engine swap go? Easy ish? What mounts you used? And what were gearbox probs?
Been saying ill do this when engine gives up.. interested to see more! !

Unfortunately in,still waiting on the bodyshop so i van have all my bumpers and stuff back, as i cant mount all the intercooler and nits up without them. As you can probably understand in fuming with the time scale cause pretty much everything else is done

Yeah that's unfortunate :( Bodyshop seem to be taking their time.

I still need to get over to your place and get on your rolling road. Open this Sunday? :cool: I'll be over that way anyway on Sunday.

Sorry not open on Sundays, its the only day i get to relax open every other day though

Rob_McLav":28gn1pm3 said:
Don't suppose there's a update on this???? :)

Unfortunately not ATM, got pretty much everything to finish it however works has just been far too busy to get much done on it, plus with the arrival of my first child a couple of weeks ago it's been neglected a little bit. Few more weeks and I'll get back on it again

Congrats i know how much work they are :) cool id love to do this to mine cant wait to see the outcome! Will be a ultimate sleeper!

SteC":26grcprc said:
Rob_McLav":26grcprc said:
Don't suppose there's a update on this???? :)

Unfortunately not ATM, got pretty much everything to finish it however works has just been far too busy to get much done on it, plus with the arrival of my first child a couple of weeks ago it's been neglected a little bit. Few more weeks and I'll get back on it again
Good to hear this is still on the cards. Congrats Ste!!!!!

Sorry work has kinda taken over ATM, most of the stuff is done now so I'll update over the next couple of weeks

Sort of irrelevant numbers surely?

Mid gear acceleration would be impressive but I imagine a standard start is probably gonna start putting strain on several parts that are probably custom made for such a build (I can't imagine the drive shafts are from another car or cheap?) and the powers in one lump would surely over power relatively thin tyres

Why? 205's on the front with nice tyres will do with traction control and I doubt the driveshafts are standard!!

Well after weeks and weeks of waiting I'm now bored of putting the twingo to one side, I'm going resurrecting it out of storage tomorrow evening to start putting it back together properly, engine is ready, loom and ecu is done its about time I started to have some fun