Twingo 3 Gear Knob

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caribou00

Reaction score
Hi everybody;

I'm Louis, from France. A few weeks ago, I decided to change my gear knob for an alloys one. I searched on the internet and I foud one ! Only 35€ for a new one. I ordered it, pulled the old one...pulled really hard (my nose still hurts :D ).
I figured it was a Twingo 3 gear knob because there was no ring to put on the gaiter. Well, I welded the old ring (I cutted it with a simple knife) on the bottom of the new knob (plastic on plastic, it was easy). It was perfect.. until I tried to shift to 5th gear. The know was too short, so the gaiter took off. The ring has to be lower by more or less 3cm.
I bought a simple metal pipe (internal diameter 23mm), fitted in the knob on top, and the ring on the bottom. I used a vice to help.

I put everything back and it's OK. Shifting is smoother, I like the style, and mlore important I spent 42€ (35€ of knob and 7€ of pipe) instead of the 110€ Renault was hoping for a new knob.

I'll post a photo to show you the final result.