Twingo demonic problem!Plz Help!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vagos222

Reaction score
I have a very serious problem with my twingo gt (1.200cc turbo,2010), it drives me crazy…..I am thinking about selling it because I do not know what else I can do….(I don’t want to sell it because I love it , and I have make some changes and now I love it more )
The last year my cars fuel consumption is extraordinary ! I change oil every 2000Km because are black and smell gas!!
There is no Warning light comes up, and at Renault dealership they can find any problem.They told my that the Renault diagnostic says everything is ok…
I have change :
1st oxygen sensor new original (the first one before cat)
New spark plugs Original Renault –Ngk
New ignition Coil (original)
New Spark plug wires (original)
New water temperature sensor
New thermostat
New air temperature sensor
New Turbo
New Cat
I borrowed from a friend with the same car to test :
An ECU (used)
MAP sensor (used)
Fuel pump (used)

I have also do the big service and change timing belt and make sure that the timing is correct
I have also make a valve adjustment just in case.
I make a compression test and all cylinders have the same compression and Renault mechanic says that is perfect .
I have done injector flow test at Renault and repeat the test again at another garage , both said that injectors are fine.
I have no oil spot at water and no water spots at oil.
No smoke from exhaust at normal driving only when I hit the rev limiter……
Any Ideas? I do not know what to do…The only things I have not change is fuel injectors and throttle body but throttle ….Injectors have been tested twice , and throttle body through Renault Clip seems to work just fine.. Please help me I have freaked out.

how much fuel are you using? need to measure it. the oil will go black quite quickly being a turbocharged car.

I get 350Km (217miles), per 37liters, so its about 26.7mpg .... in town driving.... too much fuel... I have not change my drive style... I don't rev over 2500rpm or push hard the gas pedal... I used to drive very calm.... Fuel consumption does not change a lot at out of town driving even with speeds under 110Km/h ( 68mph)... Ecu shows no fault or any sensor fault...As I have post before I have test a lot of things without luck..... Any Ideas ?

What sort of driving do you do, and how long of a trip do you do? I use live in London, so it was all stop start in traffic driving. So I use to do around 26 to 30 mpg in that environment. For a year or so I had a job only 2 miles away from where I lived, I think it was only doing around 20mpg on that sort of trip.

I've since moved out into the countryside, less traffic, less stop start driving, and it does around 40 to 45 mpg now. On a long run I can get it to over 50 mpg. But its MPG has always been terrible when driving in the city. I've sort of found over the years staying at a low rpm doesn't really seem to make much difference on the old TCE. (I've had the car nearly 7 years / 60000 miles).

My work is 4miles from home.I get around 20mpg , but my new work is about 10miles from home in heavy traffic and also have 20mpg. At road trip I have 30mpg but that is. I do not have any more 40-45 mpg as I used to. I have not found any problem yet , ecu, injectors,fuel pump, ignition, coils, everuthing is new, i have check timing, valve adjustment and everything is ok but the consumption is ........... from 40-45mpg to 20mpg max 30mpg at road trip....