Twingo depreciation temporary?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RS133ETO

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently trying to sell my RS due to being made redundant and need the money, but I'm not getting any offers at all. I've seen Twingo's go for around £3k which to me seems like a ridiculously low amount for what you get. Are people put off buying them if they're due a cambelt change? Would investing in circa £500 and getting the belt change allow you to sell for a more respectable price (£4,500) or are people no longer interested in these cars full stop?

Do you think that the value of these cars will increase in a few years time? As there will likely be less of these around.

This is just a general opinion on what people think. Won't be a right or wrong answer.

Cheers.

I think the depreciation is quite steep on them because they are not so well known or mainstream... also, when you look at other cars that people would think are similar, they tend to go for them (like Ford or Audi). It even goes through the rest of the Renault range, you can get a 172/182 for the same money and it has more power...

I'd avoid buying a car that needs major servicing work due soon. It won't add value to the car but it would increase the appeal of it.

As JML said. The twingos are a relatively unknown car. I have to tell all my friends that it's basically a rebodied clio. So that's why there isn't any demand for them. But I do think in a few years time they'll become basically project track cars as the handling of the 133's are amazing for the price range.

Even Auto Trader and WeBuyAnyCar only value them around the 3k mark, so even if it had had the cambelt changed it wouldn't actually be worth anymore money. There's no point in me paying 500 to get the belt changed and still be worth 3k and then people still not be interested in them.

I think the RS Twingo 133 may be a future classic similar to the Peugeot 205 GTi, 106 Rallye, Ford XR3i, Mk1 Golf GTi, etc. The only drawback is, we may have to wait for 15 or 20 years for the prices to rise. :(

Prices are all over the place currently... there are some around the £3k and some around the £5k for similar ages and mileages.

The problem the Twingo 133 has really is the older Clio's. However I think over time, and due to the rarity of the 133 in comparison to rivals, they will gain a cult sort of following, and will become more desirable. I bought mine recently after owning many more powerful cars over the years (I'm in my 30's) as I just wanted a cheap car to use to/from work and to do a few track days and weekend drives across the moors, for that it's perfect IMO. I had a Clio 172 previously, and although it was good fun, and I'm aware it's probably just the one I bought although I have been in the motor trade pretty much all my working life, it was constantly needing work and in the end I just lost all confidence in the car and moved away from French stuff for a while, until now.

But personally, they'll go up in price it just may take a few years...

Dubz":2l6vddog said:
I'd avoid buying a car that needs major servicing work due soon. It won't add value to the car but it would increase the appeal of it.

As JML said. The twingos are a relatively unknown car. I have to tell all my friends that it's basically a rebodied clio. So that's why there isn't any demand for them. But I do think in a few years time they'll become basically project track cars as the handling of the 133's are amazing for the price range.

Same here, most people do not know about twingos. I actually see far more of the twingo mk3 around here than I ever have of the mk2. I see mk3's nearly everyday, but another mk2 of any kind maybe once a month or so. Another gt or rs, maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

According to info on the net there is just under 19500 twingos on the road, compare to say a aygo with 136,300 odd on the road, or 1,453,378 fiestas!

But then again that could end up in its favour, look at stuff like the Subaru SVX, 106 rallye, cult cars helped by its rarity.

according to this site theres only 1275 twingo 133's so its very exclusive like a classic car and like the colour chart shows which ever colour you have its just as "limited" as a gordini model