Twingo GT - Dino's modifications story

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goat1802

Reaction score
Hello everyone ! In Juin 2020 I bought a Twingo GT 1.2Tce 100 with 55k miles on it. It was fully stock. It is my first car and here is its whole story on the all the little modifications I am doing on it :) Hope you enjoy and can help me with some of the modifications!

These are some pictures just after getting the car, so fully stock.

BfjQgS3

B2zsQfc

JqtkzHs

After getting the car, I did maintenance on it so had the cambelt done (was still the original one...), was also able to see that the car is very clean under :

And changed the gearbox oil, the engine oil change had already been done, I used some Total 75W-80

One of my first modification was to change my seatbelts, they were quite loose which was annoying so I wanted to change them and took the opportunity to get red ones :)

Then I have decided to do some exterior styling by spray painting in black parts of the bumper and fog lights cover to give it a more aggressive look as well as the rear spoiler. I also changed the headlight bulbs to Philips DiamondVisions to make them brighter and give them a xenon look.

Here are all the steps of the body work painting. First Started by removing all the parts from the car and preping them for the paint job:

Then started the paint job:

Please see next post for results :)

I used some lacquer to finish off and protect the paint:

Finally all fitted it back for this final result:

I then changed the headlights for the Philips DiamondVision, on the picture left headlight is DiamondVision andd right one is OEM:

This is the final result of all to it together, I think the headlights look really cool in the dark :)

Engine problems please help

Hey everyone, yesterday night I went for a spin with my Twingo GT and had fun on twisty country roads, pushed it fairly well. Since this morning it has been doing this noise, sort of whistling sound coming from the engine bay. Here is a link to a video recording :

[youtube]9Y2DmK2KOQc[/youtube]

I think it might be a boost leak, maybe a complete turbo failure, what do you think ? I have added a reading of boost pressures when under full throttle, not sure it is supposed to boost that high. I hope its not too much to fix, Thanks for your help means a lot :)