Twingo GT - Piggyback/SA questions

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edax

Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm the owner of a fine Twingo II GT which lacks some power (as all of the stock ones :)). I honestly like the car, so i decided to go for a power run on it.
First things first, I've prepared the base to go for more torque. Fitted RS rear beam with disk brakes, Bilstein B8 shocks with lowering springs, mended front brakes etc.

Now I'm planning to go to the next step - FMIC, de-cat, 2,25" exhaust, panel filter, 182 injectors. And with all of that I can't decide how to go about it - there are two ways:
1. Chip stock ECM
Seems more resonable, but having some experience with tuners around i know that only thing they do is to modify the values on maps by xx% and call it a day. For me thats not acceptable and for that reason I'm leaning towards option 2:
2. Install piggyback
On Polish market there is quite nice solution provided by Ecumaster - DET3. It is a piggyback which is able to control fuel, ignition and boost (almost like SA, just lacking some feauters). With AFR I could initially tune it, and then make some fixes on a rolling road.
Having said that, there are some points I'm not sure about and I can't find any specific documentation on SIM32 controlled FI in a TCe engine. What I'm interested in are those points:
- Ignition control - I know that Renault uses double coil packs fitted in one housing, question is how is it controlled - separately for each coil pack?
- Boost control (for WG actuator) - does WG valve is controlled via GND signal or 12V?
- I'm looking for a ECM pinout or any kind of documentation. If anyone is able to help with that I would be greatful.

Any advice would be appriciated

Best regards,
Jakub