Twingo gt suspension options.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vagos222

Reaction score
Hi all,I am new here.First of all sorry for my bad English!
I have a Twingo GT 1.2turbo 2010 model,and I have H&R springs on stock absorbers 2 years now.
The last few days I feel that the absorbers don't work well and need to be replaced .
My options so far are :
1) Stock absorbers again with limited life but costs 200euros .....
2) Bilstein B8 witch are good but cost over 550euros
3) Vogtland sport lowering kit witch have absorbers and lowering springs and costs 350 euros
4) Ta technix coilover with 300euros
5) Fk coilover with 300euros
6) A good coilover brand for over 600euros
So far I have only these options.I like my car's handling with H&R on stock absorbers but I should change absorbers every year.... I thought that vogtland kit has a very good price and the parts should works between them fine because sold as kit.....(also I have heard that vogtland is a good company and make parts with high quality ) But I haven't seen anyone put this kit on a Twingo gt... From the other hand, the coilover suggestions at these prices looks delicious but how many miles they will last and the performance will be better than the vogtland kit or stock absorbers with h&r lowering springs? I realy like coilovers but I have heard that the TA and FK has bad performance , and low quallity ,so after a few miles the need replace ...Is that true?
I don't know what to do...... Any ideas - suggestions ?

I'd go with the Vogtland if on a budget, but the Twingo does drive amazing on the Bilstein B8 dampers..

I know that the Bilstein B8 dampers will be perfect combination with the H&R lowering spring I already have but the cost is too high... (550 euros)
I found today FK street coilover for 180euros (almost cheaper than the stock dampers )
And the Vogtland has almost the Half price than B8 and double price of FK coilover.
My question is if Twingo with FK coilover has better handling than the Vogtland kit? I know that FK coilovers are cheap and I think they will last shorter time than vogtland kit,but what about the performance? Will the vogtland or FK perform better?Wich one will give me better handling?
Thank you in advance.

I have TA technix on my twingo but theyre clio coilovers, if your fairly competent with modifying them to fit then go for it but i wouldnt say theyre bad quality, ive had mine for over a year now and they still work.

How have you fit suspension from clio on twingo? If I can fit suspensions from clio ,I would definitely buy Koni STR dampers witch cost about 300euros but I thing that they will work perfect with the H&R springs ,I already have...
So I am very interested about that clio dampers on twingo gt project.Could you give me more information ? How difficult was to fit , what modifications required ect ?

If you are going to do a proper job then go Bilstein B14 (sell your H&S) , they are approved for use on the Twingo so no issues in Europe and they are by far your best option out there, then you need to remove the totally useless front lower wishbone bushes as they flex so much it makes the wheels feel like they are held together by elastic.

I've got a thread on here which gives you all the details of what can be done with a GT.

I do not want to spend much on suspensions specially now..
My choices are : 1st-> Koni STR dampers only for clio and fit them on my twingo with me h&r lowering springs the cost is 330-350euros
2nd-> FK coilover with 185euros
3d -> Vogtland kit dampers and lowering springs with 350euros
If koni from clio fits on twingo , I think this is the best choice for me ,because on site says that dampers works with lowering springs and have a great warranty , also I have koni dealer at my state and it will be more easy to make service or get support if something happens... (I also believe that Koni will offer me greater handling and more km - time from the other 2 choices )
I do not want to spend 400 -500euros or even more for suspension. I was already happy from the handling gave me with stock dampers and H&R springs before the dampers brake apart. So I want something to give me the same or better handling and last longer but with top 350euros..
That's why I think I have to choose something from these 3 choices. And I don't know witch is better for me.
But I don't know if the Koni from clio fits and what mods requires , and if it is better from vogtland kit, or fk's coilover.... From these choices what is this that will give me batter handling and last longer?

Also where I can find these review ? (Sorry for my bad English once again and I truly appreciate the help you offer me )

As I have already said.My dampers are broken....So I want dampers immediately! I have seen this mods and read these topics but right now the car need dampers!!
So I must choose one of the 3 choices above for now. I can do these mods later to make the handling even better , but right now I must choose a suspension....
I only want to know if Koni STR from clio fits on twingo and if works with my H&R lowering springs, and also witch of these choices will give me better handling and more lifespan :
1st choice -> Koni STR with H&R lowering springs (koni from clio 2)
2nd choice -> FK coilover
3nd choice -> Ta technix coilover (from clio 2)
4th choice -> Vogtland Kit (dampers and lowering springs)

Witch one of these will give me better handling and lifespan ?If you have to put them in order ,what you would choose first,second,third ect? I do not want to put stock dampers again because is waste of money (they will brake on months to a year max). And I will never spend 4-500euros on a coilover kit or dampers as bilstein even I know that they are top. I want something cheap ,better in handling tha stock suspension and last as the stock suspension (dampers-springs ) for a lot of Km... Tha's why I need help to choose one of the above options ...