TWINGO GT - TANK FUEL CAPACITY AND RESERVE CAPACITY

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch5666

Reaction score
Hi guys..i just re-fill my new (for me) twingo gt as soon as the reserve red light came on.
The gaspump said 43Liters!! As i know the totall capacity of the tank is 40Liters.
7 or 8 of them must be the reserve...so the car sould be full again with 32-33 liters.
More of this if it tooks me 43Liters for 475 Km (driven very smoothly) than the consamp. of the car is
aprox. 9,5Lit/100Km !!!!...So i thing i just been robded by the cas-station. Do you have any
other explanation ?

the red light comes on when there is 7 litres left, the pump float will come to it's bottom position at 7 litres and in turn it completes a circuit to trigger the fuel reserve light. at which point you have 2-3 litres left to get to the nearest fuel station as the pump will shut off at 4 litres as to not suck in air / gas and destroy itself. that's around 25-30 miles max you should get after the red fuel light flashes on the fuel display. the most i've had was around 42 litres or therabouts quite recently, i thought it was a little strange too until i realised the tank is actually more than 40 litres, around 44-45 to take into account fuel vapour when filling from an empty'ish tank. hope that's helped you