Twingo II GT with gearbox from RS133?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obersalzfrosch

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
had my Twingo Gordini GT for coming up to 3 months now and overall in love with it however I'm finding the lack of 6th gear on the autobahn a bit of a struggle. The car really feels like its running out of 5th before it runs out of power, and I am not a fan of driving normal speed at such high rpm so it got me thinking whether the Rs133 6 speed gearbox would be a straight swap or one with minimal issues?

If it is would it require a remap after or would it be fine to go straight away? Asking about the remap as I am hoping to get injectors and new exhaust system some time in the future which would also require one (looking at going to KTEc for remap and exhaust but do not wish to have to go twice as its around a 10 hour drive each way)

If it isnt are there any other 6speeds that would fit as I think the car would be perfect with it.

The 133 box isn’t 6 speed plus I don’t think it would bolt up against the 1.2 block.

You could possibly swap the gears out inside the gearbox with longer ratio ones.