Twingo Revving by itself

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpd

Reaction score
Hi All

Hoping for a bit of advice on my daughters 61 plate Piaz. She is learning to drive so not being used very often, had some issues with battery being drained so have had to charge etc, but started OK after last being charged.

On startup the engine is revving between idle and I guess 3,000 rpm by itself, up and down quite rapid and pressing the accelerator has no effect. I have tried disconnecting the battery to try and reset ECU but with no success, a break down guy tried connecting his diagnostics tool, but said he could not connect, but all he wanted to do was tow to a garage so not sure if the truth, but if so I guess maybe ECU related. Any help or point in a direction would be appreciated. I have tried searching this and other forums but without finding much

I have tried to attach a short video in MP4 format so you can hear engine and also see a couple of lights on the dash, but was not allowed to, not sure if I can attach different formats?

PS I only have basic knowledge of cars, before you get to tecky with me

Hi All,

Did you manage to find out what was causing the issue with engine revving by itself? I have the same issue with my 2007 Twingo. Any help or suggestions would be great as checked a few other sites but not much help.